College Football - Ruh Roh NCAA?

Which CFP team has a defense that’s as bad as 8/21, 55 yards on the game?

A lot of those Big 12 teams from like 5-10 years ago had pretty bad defenses.

Just last year, both semifinals had both teams score >40 points. I’ll admit it’s exciting football, but it’s not good defense.

https://x.com/bluebarronphoto/status/1731180446048751626?s=46&t=N0_fcOKIYYmlCS2e4YShsQ

FSU gets to play their second string qb, and they’re still an undefeated p5 conference champion team

FSU down to -500/-600 on DK and FD

Bama is done

:sickos:

This is ridiculous to me, and I strongly dislike Florida State. They’re an undefeated P5 team, they just beat a top-15 opponent on a neutral field with their freshman third string QB seeing his first action. Everyone knew they were going to be run-heavy, and yet they still averaged 3.7 yards per carry against the #11 rushing defense in college football. They’ll get their backup back for the playoffs, and he’ll have a month of practice with the 1s. You can’t leave them out.

Obviously Michigan and Washington are in. The real reason people want to leave FSU out is because we’re in a stupid transitive property situation with Texas/Bama/Georgia and we all know the SEC is one of the two best conferences, so the idea of no SEC team in the playoffs is wild, but you can’t put Bama in over Texas and we all know Texas is the worst of those three teams. The scenarios get mind-bending so it’s easier to just say, “Eh, FSU lost their QB, fuck 'em, make it simple.”

But if we’re really really putting the four best teams in, it’s Michigan, Georgia, Alabama, Ohio State. But that’s obviously not going to happen.

It’s gotta be Michigan, Washington, FSU, and then you decide between the three remaining teams. If you want the best team, take Georgia. If you want the team with the most impressive win, take Texas. If you want the team with the least bad loss, take Georgia. If you want the most recent impressive win, take Bama.

That said, I also think it’s kind of crazy that Ohio State isn’t even being considered as one of four teams for that last slot. Their only loss was to the #1 team on the road by one score. I think you can make a decent case they deserve the #4 spot. You can say they have the least bad loss. Bama lost at home to Texas, which lost to Oklahoma. Georgia lost on a neutral field to Bama, and Ohio State lost in Ann Arbor.

They should just do the sensible thing and all agree that we’re just going to 12 a year early… Or going to 8, at least.

bama has a better loss and a better best win

I get why people don’t want this to happen but my brother in christ it is 2023 and this should not be a controversial idea anymore

more importantly, the past performance of the committee indicates that they don’t place head-to-head at the very top of their criteria

Better loss buddy I thought you were joking

Texas, not Bama, has the best win in the country

The only way Bama gets in ahead of fsu and Texas is if the games played don’t actually matter and we’re going by Vegas spread

1 Like

Sadly I’m thinking this is the will/should happen. FSU just has no offense with the injured QB.

Georgia got hosed by non-review of the catch.

They will put Bama at 3 and Texas at 4. Looking for either Bama/Mich title game or rematch with Texas. (Sorry Wash, don’t think you are winning a semi vs Nick).

If they keep FSU and Bama gets in over Texas :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

yall can call it whatever you want but if we’re trying to predict what the committee is actually going to do today it’s pretty insane to act like we don’t have past picks to look back at or to assume that they’ll do something completely different this time.

1 Like

Which is they don’t put in Bama or Georgia. Every other conference has been left out before

The only way to get an sec team in the playoff is to say that regular season wins don’t matter.

I still think it’s likely to happen that the committee pulls some shenanigans to put in an unqualified SEC team, but the final 4 should be UM, UW, FSU and UT.

1 Like

Odds have been moving towards Bama being the team left out

1 Like

dammit wish i could have bet on that

What time do we actually find this shit out?

I just took a little Alabama +650 to title.

In situations like this I root for the outcome that causes the most butthurt, but it seems like there will be butthurt galore regardless.

2 Likes

Say what?

Of the obvious top 7 teams, Alabama clearly has the worst loss. The other 1-loss teams lost on the road or at a neutral site, and Alabama is the only one that lost by 2 possessions.

Also, Alabama was by far the closest team to get a second loss.

1 Like

Alabama’s strength of schedule is equivalent to replacing both of FSU’s free bingo squares (Southern Miss, North Alabama) with Georgia. Fortunately this will be the final year for the mysticism of uNdEfEaTeD.