College Football - Ruh Roh NCAA?

The current team FSU is putting in the field is not good.

The CFP leaving out FSU might legitimately be the straw that breaks the camels back of college athletics. Like it literally might be over.

Is FSU top 10 in any power rating?

I dunno, I think it actually may make people more excited and supportive of the expanded playoff

1 Like

They held a top 15 team to 6 points, yesterday. That is a pretty good team, dude.

A check of reddit confirms that maximum butthurt has been achieved. Bonus points for the system being exposed as BS.

Max butthurt is having Bama and UGA in while leaving out Texas.

Having to play bama round 1 is bullshit

1 Like

100 units each on Texas and Bama prints $$$

Yeah if they are openly taking the choosing best teams stance they should at least have put bama above Washington

If Georgia and Alabama played again next week, Georgia would be favored. They’d be favored over Texas, too. The committee did not get the four best teams, nor did they get the four best resumes. Total fail.

Oh and by the way, Ohio State might be favored over Alabama and Washington, and would definitely be favored over Texas.

1 Like

Yea it’s obviously all bullshit, but at least 2 of the 4 best teams got in, instead of only 1.

I don’t disagree thats why I’m saying it’s a tough /impossible job to select “current” best teams in way that not controversial. At least the conference champs will be objective next time and anyone get left out around 12/13 can’t feel too aggrieved that they lost any genuine chance of winning natty

Wins
And p5 titles

This year.

1 Like

By the way, if FSU beats Georgia in the Orange Bowl, and Michigan smokes Bama… Both very plausible… This looks even more hideous. Then if Texas beats UW and Michigan, you are left with one undefeated P5 team who beat Georgia and LSU on neutral fields and Florida on the road.

I’m kind of rooting for that, and for the Texas over Michigan win to be the ugliest 3-0 defensive struggle ever.

Uh. Who is betting Michigan -2 lol

And Georgia as well

It’s also stupid to select “current” best teams in a violent sport. Like, if Bama beats Michigan but loses a couple QBs in the process, nobody is saying “Hey they’re gonna be huge underdogs, let’s swap in FSU or Ohio State or Georgia so the championship game is better.”

Booger McFarland nailed it. Let’s just have the teams walk a runway like models and see who looks best. The games don’t matter.

1 Like

Now that’s just greedy.

Also by the logic that FSU sucks without their QB, if we had an 8 team playoff now with no automatic qualifier, they should be out right? But obviously they’d be in.