Updated FEI expected losses (rank) for an elite team:

Washington 2.20 (2)
Alabama 1.95 (6)
Texas 1.38 (31)
Michigan 1.30 (36)
Georgia 1.07 (47)
FSU 0.91 (60)

FSU slappies: “We all basically played the same schedule here, guys.”

No one is saying Michigan should be out because our LOL schedule. We played 1.5 real teams

Should Georgia jump Washington because the PAC 12 is trash?

Texas is in at 12-1 and the big 12 is trash

This all goes back to what I said to CN two days ago. It will defy logic but SEC is in

There is no metric y’all can come up with that makes

13-0 less valuable than 12-1

Sorry.

Of course there is. I just posted it. You simply don’t understand it or don’t want to (it’s obviously the latter).

If Bama was 13-0 and lower on that list and got left out

You wouldn’t be posting that list

That’s the point

It’s all just making shit up to justify not leaving the SEC out

No 13-0 p5 champ has been left out

What the committee is saying is the ACC is the WAC now

2 Likes

Yeah sure invent a counterfactual where an SEC team runs the table and has the worst SOS of the viable playoff contenders. If you replace Texas with a cupcake, they’re 13-0 and still have the #2 SOS and are obviously a stone cold lock.

Things look awfully bad for OSU right now. Lots of people portalling out, hard to see them upgrading on McCord in the portal too

Your numbers say a one loss Washington should get in ahead of an undefeated Georgia

That’s dumb

I’m sure the committee would do just that

So f stupid

They’re Frameau’s numbers and they don’t “say” anything other than what the expected number losses are for an elite team having played that schedule.

You’re the one using them to make an argument. I’m using the same argument as you to rank a 12-1 Washington over Georgia. That’s how good your argument is

1 Like

:vince1: Maybe the real story here is that fraud Bama got in would have gotten in over 12-1 UW!

If Oregon won

Michigan
Bama
Texas
Georgia

1 Like

You aren’t using “the same argument.” You’re applying overly simplistic one-dimensional tests even though it’s been repeatedly explained to you that this isn’t how it works. The publicly-available selection protocol tells you that it doesn’t work the way you think it does. The executive director was quoted several days ago reiterating that it doesn’t work the way you think it does (you said he’s lying).

1 Like

It has “worked” that way every year

Even last year. 11-2 Bama left out for 12-1 TCU in sort by record

What happened this week was unprecedented and it only happened because Texas beat Alabama earlier this year

If Bama had lost at Oklahoma week two

Final standings

UM
UW
FSU
Bama

This isn’t difficult. Stop twisting yourself up in a pretzel to prove why they should keep FSU out

They never had before.

2 Likes

Still haven’t seen a straight answer on if the committee is tasked with choosing the currently best 4 teams or not?

Some the quotes make it sound they are (ie admitted considering injuries). If they are supposed to be doing that then all the talk of records is kinda a red herring. If they not supposed to consider injuries then people should be complaining that they aren’t allowed to use that data but did anyway.

the entire last several hundred posts are precisely why i dont follow cfb, what a mess

I’m the opposite, this is real :sickos: stuff, watching people lose their minds over this is the only part of college football (or any college sport really, CBB sucks) I can tolerate.

my alma mater didn’t even have a football team, just a basketball team that can make march madness about once every 30 years, so I have no horse in this race. However if I went to FSU (lol) I’d be pretty pissed off.

How the committee has always worked, afaik, this outcome makes sense, but having a committee pick the playoff teams in the first place doesn’t really. I guess there’s some justification for it someone will pepper me with immediately but it seems silly.

as far as losing your shit about a college football team from a school you didnt even go to? big yikes for me but w/e to each their own

Correct, the reasoning behind the whole situation is “Bama has to go in, let’s throw loads of bullshit at the wall to see what sticks” and then slappies pick up the charge.

2 Likes