COVID-19: Year 4 - You down with JN.1?

Yeah it seems very random how aggressively people spread it. When I had my first case, I was a moron and insisted it was allergies for ~48hrs before testing, plenty of mingling with my family in the meantime, but nobody else in our household of five got it.

My second case came after we had a night out with a bunch of other couples, one of the wives texted us all the next night to say “Woke up sick this morning and just tested positive, I’m so sorry”. That few hours together got something like 6/8 of us sick, including me and my wife.

1 Like

First time we all caught it in house so second time when kids pozzed I didn’t even try to care and was getting spat in face/etc like usual and slept next to pozzed wife for a week and never caught it. Weird how idiosyncratic it can be

Update: fiancee feels great, I feel like I got hit by a truck, but I’m PCR negative somehow. Gonna rapid test again later today.

Apparently not having COVID makes one sicker than having COVID. Now I see why everyone hates vaccines and loves COVID.

3 Likes

Yeah, this is one of covid’s greatest mysteries. Seems like the most likely explanation is either that people are super duper contagious for a short window, or else only certain people are especially contagious while others just aren’t for some reason. But maybe it’s due to something about the environment in which the exposure occurs? I really wish they could figure it out, because it could make a big difference to people like us who give a shit about not spreading it to other people but who want to better understand when it’s OK to reenter society.

1 Like

I thought in this case it was the whole “saving themselves for marriage” dynamic.

:rofl:

Apologies in advance, Cw.

Researchers in Germany found people who got all their shots in one arm had a stronger immune response than those who distributed shots between both arms, according to a study published last week in eBioMedicine, a peer-reviewed journal from The Lancet Discovery Science.

People may respond better to sequential shots in the same arm because the vaccines are targeting the same lymph nodes, making them more active in producing immune cells to fight off infections, study authors suggest.

:thinking:

That just seems absurd to me.

If I successfully dodge it, perhaps I will reveal the actual reason I’ll be crediting it to. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Woof?

Well I have the worst fever of my life I think, just shot from 100.3 to 103 in 8 minutes. Took Advil. Pulse ox 95-98. Will retest again tonight. Haven’t felt this sick ever. I’ve had far worse sore throats and far worse coughs but it’s literally hard to get up and walk to the bathroom. My whole body is just like nope.

Hospital time is fever of 104+ or pulse ox of 92 or lower? @CaffeineNeeded

Temp doesn’t require a visit. More of a how you feel thing. The way I like managing a fever is 600mg of ibuprofen rotated with 1000mg of acetaminophen, can take each one max of three times

2 Likes

Love to see that cause I started with 600mg of ibuprofen. Rotate every 4-6 hours? And should I take Paxlovid without pozzing? I have it, so I could. 3 of 6 on her bachelorette positive, same symptoms as me, I have a few risk factors (overweight, asthma, have had slightly high blood pressure in the past but it was normal yesterday). But I keep showing negative on rapid and PCR.

Something like that. You can do three doses of ibuprofen and three of acetaminophen. Each dose of the same med should be spaced out by 6-8 hours. You can take each med at the same time, you can stagger it. I usually like to stagger it.

1 Like

Thanks, ninja edited that and was too slow so not sure you saw the Paxlovid question.

No paxlovid without pozzing.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll keep testing 2x a day until symptoms improve. Hopefully this is my immune systems impressive last stand to beat this back, but I’ll be shocked if I don’t pozz tonight or tomorrow.

Get your boosters y’all, I’ve had them every six months, last one in May, and this is the sickest I can remember being from a full body standpoint. It’s scary to imagine how sick I’d be without it.

sleep w garlic in your socks

1 Like

You all should start booking your post quarantine dinner/nightclub/door knob licking/etc reservations to have something to look forward to

The end of an era: I’m pozzed. Super faint line but it’s there. Started the Paxlovid and Metformin.

9 Likes

Why the metformin?