COVID-19: Year 4 - You down with JN.1?

I do eagerly look forward to the day where a doc can wave a tricorder at me and say like “oh looks like we’ve detected pre-stage 1 pancreatic cancer which we can cure with this pill, here ya go”. Let’s make this happen.

No idea what he had but generally speaking if you do a whole bunch of testing on a healthy person then you may end up in tough spot of “well maybe something is there” but do we want to stick a catheter into his heart to map the electricity to be sure (or whatever the more invasive next test is).

Granted I’m sure there levels of screening that probably would be reasonable if had a good plan of what to do with the results if something is kinda gray

1 Like

not to nitpick and feel free to correct me but he just had a sudden cardiac arrest, not a heart attack, right

Yup. Different things

1 Like

It we can agree that his mother got the COVID vaccine 19 years ago. (Duh it’s Covid-19 isn’t it?).

1 Like

This times a thousand. All kinds of tests have way too many false positive rates and/or possible adverse consequences to make it make sense to just randomly test for shit if you don’t have symptoms or a reason to test.

Oooh…. Looks like your insurance doesn’t cover it though, maybe start a gofundme?

Fuck Jimmy Buffet died, as a lifelong beach aficionado felt required I see one of his shows just for the cultural significance but think COVID cancelled me twice on my attempts

1 Like

FDA approved new boosters today. CDC should approve them tomorrow and they should be available by the end of this week. Everyone should get them.

7 Likes

Did you see recommendations on how long to wait to get a booster after an infection? Also, approval for <5?

Approved for 12 and up, EUA for 6 months and up.

1 Like

WHEN CAN I GET MY SHOT!!!

Maybe by this weekend?

No idea on how long to wait post-infection. As @CaffeineNeeded everyone should be able to get them including kids.

Reading the actual FDA release FDA Takes Action on Updated mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines to Better Protect Against Currently Circulating Variants | FDA it looks like under 5’s might get two doses? It’s not super clear.

CVS vaccine website is already offline for booking Covid vaccines… a good sign.

Is it still “free”? I don’t know why I’m putting it in quotes, it’s like 500 without coverage? I have coverage but wondering if the adoption rate will be a lot lower because of cost.

It’s one if they’ve had a normal series before. Two if they haven’t.

1 Like