COVID-19: Year 4 - You down with JN.1?

What if they had the series but no booster? My 4 y.o. got Covid the day before her booster was scheduled, and then by the time 6 months went by I figured we’d just wait for the updated shot. So she’s had the primary series but not the bivalent.

I think just one but would have to check

1 Like

Line check:

Mother had COVID like 4 weeks ago, recovered, and then went on a trip where everyone obviously got it. She’s feeling fine.

I assume I shouldn’t be concerned about seeing her even though she was exposed to people that def had it a few days ago. Wouldn’t care except I am taking a trip next week (where I’ll obv get it ldo).

Doesn’t seem unreasonable to ask her to take a test, just to be safe, but I would bet on it being negative.

1 Like

Just tested positive for the first time, after three days of having the worst sore throat of my life and what I can only describe as “strangling” mucus in my nose/sinuses that made it difficult to swallow and certainly to breathe through my nose.

Ironically, I feel significantly better today and this was the morning I tested positive. Already have one dose of Paxlovid in me. Hoping those were the worst of my symptoms.

No more TeamNovid for me.

Couple questions; Any insight on when my 5 year old (last boosted on May 30) and my 1 year-old son (boosted in late March) can get the new boosters? Also, for those with kids … How did you handle isolating from them, and for how long?

9 Likes

I couldn’t isolate from my kids without being off the premises.

6 months from last booster of infection is the current guideline

Thanks for the insight!!

Were you able to keep them from catching it by masking around them? Trying to protect them the best I can, but with my daughter in kindergarten and son in daycare those efforts may be more futile than I’d like to admit.

I’m still team novid. You could try masking, it just wouldn’t work for my daughter.

Do you know how you got sick? My kid is by far the most likely way I get sick because she goes to daycare

I think CDC changed the guidelines at this latest ACIP meeting:

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2023/09/12/covid-booster-shots-2023-cdc/

2 Likes

I’m planning to get my new booster no later than mid November, which would be about three months from when I had it. Basically looking to maximize protection for the holidays. I’ll be a little nervous about the month leading up to that, but, it is what it is. Can’t be super protected all the time.

I’m not sure where my card is. but ive got every shot as early as possible so far. I want the updated one, I can probably get a note from a doctor if I needed to, when could I get one?

also… does it come in PFIZER? Got all pfizer in my arm baby. Gimme that sweet 5g.

I don’t think you’ll need the card. I’ve lost multiple cards at this point, the pharmacy has always just taken my word for it.

Was able to book an appointment for myself and my wife this coming Monday at CVS. However I can’t find anyone that is scheduling for children even though they all say they are eligible. Hoping that changes…

2 Likes

Going to Disney World Columbus Day Week. I’d really really like to have my kids vaccinated +2 weeks by then. I hope I can.

1 Like

https://www.science.org/content/article/cia-bribed-its-own-covid-19-origin-team-reject-lab-leak-theory-anonymous-whistleblower

:eyes:

Come on now:

“Now, Representative Brad Wenstrup (R–OH), who chairs the House of Representatives’s Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Pandemic, says his panel and the House’s Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence have heard testimony from a whistleblower “who presents as a highly credible senior-level CIA officer.””

No reason to take this seriously.

It’s also the most widely studied thing ever and all credible scientific inquiry has resulted in a consensus that it was not a lab leak

Good time to get the flu shot as well.

1 Like

Yes, definitely! That reminds me, the chickenpox vaccine wasn’t a thing yet when I was a kid, so I never got it. I never knew they had one, then like a year ago I found out and realized I should get it.

Has anyone had it as an adult? Am I going to want to stagger it with the others because of side effects, or should it be fine to pump some covid, flu, and chickenpox vaccines into my arm all at once?

You never had chickenpox as a kid?

Talk to your doctor ASAP about chickenpox for sure. I don’t think it’s an issue for your immune system to deal with a bunch of vaccines at once but that’s something you should ask an actual expert about.

1 Like