COVID-19: Year 4 - You down with JN.1?

I’d get your pediatric records. People who are about 33 or so could have gotten it. You also can get a titer done

1 Like

Primary chickenpox is so rare these days. I’ve seen one case my entire career

I’m 37, but I guess I could get a titer done. Would it be bad to get the vaccine a second time? We’re like 95% sure I didn’t get it.

Nope, just lucky I guess!

man immunizations were such a pain in the ass trying to get into a big state school in my late 20’s. Ask me all these questions I didnt know the answer to, and I definitely was never taken to a doctor as a kid so there were no records to speak of - they ended up just loading me up with everything under the sun. I didnt get the chickenpox vaccine but I definitely had it as a kid during one of those idiotic “exposure” parties people did.

It wouldn’t be bad there’s just very likely to be no point. Lots of kids have very mild chickenpox cases

Surely the risk of getting a second chickenpox vax is far less than the risk of getting chickenpox.

1 Like

This may be a dumb question, but is it possible to have chickenpox without having… pox? Like I never got anything with a bunch of red bumps.

Mild cases can be missed, kids get rashes from viruses all the time. It’s possible.

1 Like

Still can’t find any appointments anywhere, in any state or city, across the country, for kids. Good Job America.

What are our thoughts on the recommendation for kids being only ONE annual booster? Feels like suboptimal protection, especially for kids who are in school every day??

It sounds like we’re all going to be only one annual booster (unfortunately), except maybe immunocompromised and over 65.

I booked a vaccine appointment for Saturday at CVS and Monday at Walgreens. Seems like neither has the updated shot yet though so probably will have to cancel both. Called both to ask if they have it and was told they don’t and don’t know when they will. Anybody find a place that has it in yet?

Jeez, what a disaster …

Walgreens website says that they will have appointments as soon as the 18th with the new shot, but I don’t see a way yet to schedule one that guarantees that I’ll get the new shot. Maybe I’ll try the 18th. Also, they’re not booking under 12 until the 29th.

1 Like

What’s the 29th?

First day for under 12s for shots at Walgreens

1 Like

If you can schedule an appointment now, get it. The old shots are discontinued, they can no longer be administered.

I’m 47, never had chicken pox or the vax, should I get it or just get the shingles vax?

Why not both dot giff

1 Like

you do not want chickenpox. I vividly remember it. think of the worst fever you ever had, combine that with skin that not only feels like it’s on fire, it breaks out in small fearsomly itchy sores over every square inch of your body, even your asshole, the only relief are those weird oatmeal baths and lotions that temporarily provide relief. if you scratch it makes it worse.

i ended up just staying in the tub and refusing to leave for several days. it is easily one of the most unpleasant things I remember from my childhood and it already was unpleasant.