COVID-19: Year 4 - You down with JN.1?

Yeah I got mine Saturday at an LA Walgreens.

Sorry everybody all the vaxxes are in LA. Moose out front shoulda toldja.

3 Likes

I’m gonna be on the west coast before Thanksgiving, maybe I should move my timeline up a bit on the shot and get it in Cali lol… Wow.

Not great news for USA#1 if this shit is being bungled on this scale.

the worst part is, every time i call a pharmacy, they’re like “oh, no the shots are just for adults, they didn’t approve shots for kids.” Motherfucker, learn to fucking use google!

My mom had 3 CVS appointments cancel. She finally got it today after a week of trying.

Easier to get tswift tix than science juice

1 Like

Not sure if this a widespread issue but I was asking one the specialty pharmacy I work with a lot if they doing many COVID shots and they said a big issue has been seeing as it not free they having to wait for all the different insurers to add it to their coverage formulary but that maybe starting to get better this week

:us: :eagle: :us:

1 Like

This is a stupid failure on the pharmacy’s part too. Every single insurer is required to cover this.. They could have still given the fucking shots instead of cancelling the appointments. The pharmacies would have been paid eventually.

Also, still can’t get an appointment anywhere, with no end in sight, for my four year old. She turns 5 in March, not sure which will happen first, she turns 5, or some place anywhere in the fucking US Northeast offers shots for 4 year olds.

This is a Mom and Pop place so I can understand them not wanting to outlay however much on vaccines trusting they may get paid back in years or whatever if insurers are grumpy

They can also give people the option of paying cash and getting reimbursed from their insurance. However, no pharmacy (including the huge ones) did that either. They all just cancelled.

Yeah makes me wonder what percent of COVID vaccine doses distributed to pharmacies were wasted previously and if pharmacies kept up same practices as then if they would be losing money on stocking the vaccine currently. All this pure conjecture, I don’t know anything more than just this one pharmacy saying they were having problems with insurers

If only there was a solution that bypassed the need to get insurers involved.

1 Like

My great aunt just died of Covid. Went to the hospital for an unrelated (but relatively minor) procedure, contracted Covid at the hospital because nobody masks anymore and hospitals seem to be allowing covid+ employees to just come to work, and died. Oh well, she made it to 93, that’s something I guess.

12 Likes

Vaxxed, boosted, boosted, boosted bivalent, boosted bivalent again, but hadn’t gotten the newest one yet. Good thing Covid is over though.

That sucks, I’m sorry that happened.

NYT just had an article about masking in health care facilities and vulnerable populations:

Magic link

My own grandmother is in the hospital right now, and when we visited her, I made sure to wear a mask until I was in the room with her. Staff masking seemed to be about 50/50.

I never use my prescription insurance, made a COVID shot appointment and pharmacy calls me saying my prescription benefit no longer has them in network so I should go elsewhere if I want covered. wtf man. I did get a different appointment scheduled so no major harm but this ridiculous

Just got new COVID vax and flu shot at CVS. Smooth process as always using online appointment. Demand seems healthy, there’s signs up specifically for vaccine check in and 2 people waiting behind me.

All Pfizer before now, first time Moderna. :crossed_fingers:

Also, pharmacist declined to update my vax card, basically said it’s like an annual flu shot now.

1 Like

I totally forgot to bring mine and asked the pharmacist if cards were still a thing, and she was like “oh man I have no idea”.

Tetanus, flu shot, and Covid all done today

2 Likes