COVID-19: Year 4 - You down with JN.1?

Got my covid and flu shots yesterday, about 24 hours ago. Had a sore arm and some neck stiffness, but otherwise was fine. My oura ring shows an elevated temperature, though, and I’m starting to feel a little feverish. But definitely the fewest side effects I’ve had for any covid booster so far.

On the other hand, we’re truly surrounded by assholes and morons. When I walked in, there was a guy there waiting to get a shot. He was being really quiet but I could hear the pharmacist…

“Well if you’re sick you should wait to get the shot… what are your symptoms?”

“And you think you might have covid? You should definitely wait to get the shot until you’re feeling better.”

“Wait, you HAVE COVID? WELL YOU DEFINITELY HAVE TO WAIT TO GET A SHOT AND YOU SHOULD BE WEARING A MASK!! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING???”

Guy refused to get up and seemed to want to force her to give him a jab, she kept telling him it was too late to do him any good and then she handed him a surgical mask and made him put it on and told him to go to the doctor.

Go KN95, go!

Some of my hardest memories from covid are people tearfully asking for the vaccine as I’m considering intubating them with covid

I get that it’s different when you’re there watching them and knowing how dire it is, and I get that in a sense they are victims of misinformation… but man, I cannot bring myself to muster any sympathy for the anti-vaxxers who suffered the consequences of their choices. I think mainly because I know society is also suffering the consequences of their choices. How much better would the situation have been in late 2021 and since if everyone got the jabs, and everyone kept getting boosted? So much needless spread, so many needless deaths and disabilities handed out to people trying to do the right thing.

they usually aren’t antivaxxers, they’re usually just some schmuck who didn’t really think about it

I had to take my son to an urgent care a couple of months ago and they said that people show up there to get a COVID test, sick, recently exposed and pretty sure they have COVID, without masks.

Did you to your doctors office or a pharmacy?

Yep, when I knew I likely had covid and went to an urgent care to get a PCR, in a mask of course, a couple people walked in maskless and coughing having already pozzed and the front desk person handed them a surgical mask and they begrudgingly put it on… below their nose of course!

Not the case with me.

I’d rank them:

Shot 1 (JNJ)
Shot 2 (JNJ booster)
Shot 5 (Moderna 2023)
(big gap)
Shot 4 (Pfizer bivalent)
Shot 3 (Moderna booster)

Mine was the fewest as well.

Shingrix>>>

My previous COVID vaxes
My previous flu shots >>>

The recent flu/COVID combo vaxes

FREEDOM ISN’T FREE

Worth getting tested? Only symptoms: waking up with a fair amount of snot that clears out, very slight sore throat, and maybe a little digestive variance beyond the usual, about a week so far. No fever, no aches, no cough, no shortness of breath, I’m leaning no.

Order some Biden tests? I’d burn one. I’ve always had pretty mild symptoms, and my brother just recently had no more than a tickling in his sinuses, but he still tested positive.

You going to be around anyone to potentially infect?

More specifically, any Trump rallies nearby?

Ok I’ll think more on it then. The immediate people I could have infected over the last week don’t have any symptoms, and I think at least the digestive variance can be explained by looking at recent general election polling too much :harold:

Man, I’m just tired at this point:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/texas-sues-pfizer-for-overstating-covid-19-vaccine-effectiveness/ar-AA1kNL3R

good, more pfizer for me.

1 Like

It took 4 years, but I just tested positive for the first time.

I don’t even feel bad; I went for a 2 mile run about 2 hours ago. Only took the test because I was a little tired and we were supposed to go out to a nice restaurant for my wife’s and I’s birthdays.

Congrats

Who is left on team Novid?

1 Like

I took an at home test last week that was negative, so still novid as far as I know.