COVID-19: Year 4 - You down with JN.1?

#TeamNOVID for life! Glad to hear your daughters are doing well!

Me next time I’m drunk: “This doctor I know told me to drink more bourbon!”

4 Likes

Could been the good old days of Hycodan

1 Like

Good memory. Yea I’m immunosuppressed. Latest research says that the drug I’m on doesnt have more negative outcomes with covid vs random population, but I’m still taking more precautions than 99% of people just in case.

Not sure if sarcasm (I thought feb could be busy?), but thanks! She is so adorably excited :grin:

1 Like

Every month at Disney right now is busy except for late August/September when it is hotter than the surface of the sun, and a few weeks in January and early May. February has great weather, the sun still sets early so you’re looking at less sunblock, etc.

2 Likes

Tried it today, and I’ve definitely been coughing a lot less.

1 Like

Bourbon?

4 Likes

Haha, NSAIDs. I’ve lost a bit of taste so I wouldn’t want to waste good bourbon

1 Like

So I’m now 5 days into taking care of my two covid-positive kids. Rapid tested every day, negative. Took a PCR test, negative. 3 years of covid, and I’ve never had it. Last year my wife got it and I was massively exposed to her, never got it. I don’t get it but I guess I’m not complaining. My kids seem to be fine today too. Youngest never had more than an occcasional test and is now testing negative on Rapid tests. Oldest got it much worst but now seems all better, but is still testing positive.

6 Likes

4 Likes

I think covid’s greatest mystery is how it can be so contagious and yet also not infect whole households. Your experience isn’t even weird, and that is weird, at least to me.

1 Like

I think on some level it’s just like, “How can AA be so strong and lose to 72o sometimes?”

We don’t think much of all the times COVID gets the whole household, but in cases like jman’s they really stand out.

1 Like

This exact meme was in my residents group chat in 2020 with the thingies labeled as MRSA, c diff, vre, pseudomonas, etc….

And then one of our residents got hospitalized that week. (He was fine)

I don’t think it’s like that. If I recall correctly, there was a study showing that on average less than half of a household caught covid once one member did. The whole household catching it would be the 72o.

1 Like

If I recall correctly that study was OG COVID or Delta, so I assume Omicron is more than half. Maybe not 80%+ though.

It’s now been 9 days since my daughters tested positive. Both are now testing negative on Rapid tests and are mostly symptom free (oldest daughter just says she has a slight sore throat at night and in the mornings, but she might be FOS). Thoughts on being around them without masks at this point?

Likely good to go

1 Like

We may need to send @Jman220 so a research lab so they can poke him and run some tests and figure out why he’s miraculously immune to covid.

Glad everyone’s feeling better!

1 Like

Dissection seems the best method ?

GOAT soul reads itt

1 Like

3 Likes