Crapto thread: Going Blind to own the poors

The most amazing part of that ape story is this becoming reality:

Blinded by the light. Wrapped up like a douche, another loner in the night.

3 Likes

we’re in a simulation

Legit surprised Disney didn’t cash in on the NFT craze early.

was coming in here to say the board ape yacht club price floor was still around 40 K last I checked, but then I went to go check and I got this screen

I think NFT’s are one of the only parts about this crypto craze that made any sense to me. Digital assets clearly have value to people, or else it wouldn’t be a multi billion dollar industry in video games. the problem is if you own a NFT you can’t really easily display it in a way that gives it the same value that it does in video games. BAYC possibly being an exception

Disney has been making a lot of poor decisions lately.

Floor is 30e so about $60k

Oh, it’s digital pin trading. That’s weird niche thing that Disney people are into, I could see this being a thing.

Someone else mentioned these pins, i don’t know anything about them but I guess people go crazy for them and there are issue with people making and selling fakes? Could actually be something worth looking into for a flip, I’ll probably try to get in on the initial sale.

I’m kind of shocked nobody has invented the way to do this. It seems pretty straight forward to me. If I owned OpenSea, we’d do it for sure. You sell digital frames and other digital displays (could be anything from TV-size frames down to jewelry with like pendants that have a screen in them). They have a logo on them that indicates that they are OpenSea verified NFTs, and they display your NFT. Voila, you’re walking around wearing your ape or whatever. It’s hanging on your wall. All your guests can see the OpenSea logo and know that it’s authentic and you’re rich.

There are plenty of digital picture frame devices for displaying NFTs on a wall or wherever, i don’t know of anything on the portable side.

Do they have something visible that verifies authenticity?

but other people would need to be able to see and recognize/understand what it is. it’s just a display of wealth/status

Right, but that is easy enough if the frame has a logo on it for the verification company.

Yes, actual physical pin-trading is a weird niche thing among disneyphiles. The physical pins sometimes go for top dollar. No idea if it will translate well into NFTland. If this was 2 years ago I’d say we should be all over this shit, but given the crapto market now…

Is there some connection with some sort of “game” about sourcing these pins? I was checking into Disney hotel last year and someone walked up to the front desk, said something I don’t remember but then the employee came back with some box with little numbered doors on it and they guessed a number to open which was empty. Only thing I can think of that would have fit would have been a key, pin, ring, etc. I didn’t see anyone else do this so had no idea what/why I had witnessed lol

I’ve never heard of a game like that, but I don’t do the pin trading. They basically have pin trading boards all over the place in the parks and the hotels and you can trade a pin for your pin, or something like that. Mabye what you saw was some kind of one time promotion or something?

there needs to be a cultural shift too , like people would need to see and recognize this and not laugh or be like “ok nerd.”

currently there’s just nothing. but, if for instance, i could display my NFT as an avatar in fortnite and everyone knows it’s mine? or on my digital license plate? then it’s got some utility imho and could gain traction.

the current state of nft’s is a wasteland, but I do not believe they’re going anywhere

I think one the big issues is the big video game developers seem to at least on paper want to avoid the image that they opening kids up to gambling exposure otherwise seems kinda easy to imagine an ecosystem of games linked together by a shared cryptocurrency, NFT marketplaces, NFT avatar images, etc

yea probably. i wish society could get away from this weird idea that we have to cater every single thing to a child audience or else it’s an automatic no-go, but that’ll likely never change

That’s not a society thing, that’s a capitalism thing. A video game maker is going to make way more money if it can sell to kids and adults.