Definitive All-Time Disney Original Song Bracket Battle: It's the Circle of Life

Can we just vote no on both of these songs?
Eta: in response to Whistle While you Work/Whistle Stop

6 Surface Pressure ā€“ Encanto

vs

14 Seed: What Else Can I Do? - Encanto

#6 Surface Pressure ā€“ Encanto vs. #14 What Else Can I Do? - Encanto
  • #6 Surface Pressure ā€“ Encanto
  • #14 What Else Can I Do? - Encanto
0 voters

Surface Pressure clear winner between the Madrigal sisterā€™s songs.

If I had my druthers, Iā€™d put Remember Me into the Supercalifragilistic 16 over both of them.

1 Like

Glad to see ā€œWhen you wish upon a starā€ going up against Heigh Ho. With these old school classics, itā€™s an apples to apples comparison. Corner the nostalgia vote, and let the best classic advance.

I have a hard time putting a 50+ year old Disney song against something from, say, Encanto or Frozen.

Itā€™s like trying to evaluate WR receiving stats from Hall of Famers from the 70ā€™sā€¦. I can look at the numbers, but the context is meaningless to me.

2 Likes

Iā€™d eat shards of glass before I vote for a frozen song

But this is Frozen Two!

1 Like

Whistle songs might be the 2 worst left

2 Likes

When you wish upon a star has a shot to take the whole thing down IMO.

1 Like

Whistle stop has had such an easy path but I think itā€™s done anyway

yea those are brutal wtf

Lol I never saw encanto and donā€™t care for newer disney stuff in general but felt it was fair to give these a listen - the first one Iā€™d heard on the radio a bunch of times and was like ā€œhey thatā€™s not a terrible song what is that?ā€ and never heard it again.

Encanto is the best Disney animated movie of the 21st century imo. Definitely recommend giving it a watch at some point.

2 Likes

Youā€™re the only person on earth Iā€™d follow this rec from, will do

2 Likes

everyone should be aware as this comes down to the wire Iā€™m probably an automatic little mermaid vote. that could become a strong coalition here.

1 Like

Had to change my vote in the whistle vote to whistle stop, I didnt think I knew that song but it just unearthed a whole treasure trove of 4 year old me trauma memories from the ole noggin so, I appreciate the staying power

This is me and the jungle book

Little mermaid is a unique spot for me - child me loved the movie, I loved the animated series, I even had ariel dolls as a kid that were technically for my siblings and Iā€™d get in trouble for playing with them, it came out when I was young, the animated series was sick, and then adult me likes the songs enough in that movie that they have a spot in some of my playlists - no other disney movie has any songs in my library. So Iā€™m just gonna vote for it. Also canā€™t imagine how much Iā€™ll someday be mocked for this but the little mermaid ride at Disneylandā€™s California Adventure is a 10/10 MUST ride especially if you have a kid. The animatronics and effects are current-gen and they did a really really good job. They have a true to life size ursula in the ā€œpoor unfortunate soulā€ room that has tentacles that move and she looks like sheā€™s singing it, itā€™s a technological marvel. My nieces and nephews love it, and as an adult itā€™s genuinely an enjoyable ride.

And I love that fucking jamaican crab

3 Likes

You in luck here, down in the muck here.

I really enjoyed Encanto, especially the music, but as for the plot, it did a great job of setting up an issue that ā€¦ got weirdly resolved in what felt like the span of just seconds without any real struggle? I dunno, I found the ending too unsatisfying even if the music was great. And just for the benefit of anyone who hasnā€™t been paying much attention to modern Disney, the songs are all by Lin-Manuel Miranda.

My favorite Disney movie from this century is definitely Coco. Maybe it doesnā€™t hit as hard if youā€™re not a dad, but man, that movie gave me allllllllllllllllllllllllllll the feels.

2 Likes