Definitive All-Time Disney Original Song Bracket Battle: It's the Circle of Life

let the wookie win

At this point Circle of Life has got to be more than an iconic opening, and I donā€™t think the rest of the song holds up as much.

1 Like

Well it only has to be better than Let it Go which is a low bar, if it was up against a masterpiece like Under the Sea such criticisms might be more relevant

2 Likes

2 Likes

I donā€™t agree. At the very least, Circle of Life wasnā€™t even in the top 4 for nominations. For two, Let It Go has a fair number of haters, I think mainly due to its abundance in pop culture while also being outside of the demographic of this forum. I donā€™t think these two were inevitable before votes started coming in, and even after that there was perhaps some uncertainty as to how far they would go.

Well, there we have it, folks! Congratulations to a most deserving winner, Circle of Life!

1. Circle of Life
  2. Let It Go
  3. Under the Sea
  4. Be Our Guest

Feel free to peruse and reminisce over the rest of the bracket here:

https://challonge.com/xk187t6b

Thanks, everyone! I hope you had at least half as much fun as I did.

11 Likes

You know, one thing Iā€™m curious about is how many Circle of Life superfans have seen a Broadway or other stage performance. Does that make it that much more impactful?

1 Like

Thanks for running this, my wife and I had fun

2 Likes

Bump

2 Likes

Circle of Life rules, what the heck.

2 Likes

Thanks for doing this Wookie.

1 Like

Iā€™m in Cali on vacation right now but Iā€™m definitely going to do this when I get back. I think it maybe needs to be expanded to all theme parks.

1 Like

Iā€™d say thereā€™s no rush. It can be good to have a gap in between like contests so that each feels fresh.

1 Like

Never too early to post a sign up imo

The Little Mermaid is on D+ :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Ah, yes, promised Iā€™d let my daughters watch it this weekend. Thanks for reminding me.

1 Like

Cheers. Opening scenes are so good that I wanted to say so to you while watching.

The direction for each shot sequence is amazing. Justifies the movie on their own. The visuals canā€™t just LOOK good. The experience of the story needs to feel cinematic and organically immersive. This achieves what I think Lion King aspired toward.

I daresay Iā€™m a harsher critic because I love the original so much, but this is feeling like one that stands on its own.

1 Like

Iā€™ll post after Iā€™ve watched it this weekend (Iā€™ve given up on ever watching a movie in theatres again I think).

1 Like

very happy they made sebastian jamaican

1 Like