ELECTIONS Thread: Menendez May Run Indy in NJ

yeah anyone who says this has had their head up their ass since 2000

Christ. A fucking D+20 District!

1 Like

BLUE NO MATTER WHO

1 Like

Can’t they appeal that ruling to SCOTUS?

It gets even better.

https://twitter.com/AndySpecht/status/1643617411332034560

afaik only if there’s an aspect of the federal constitution or federal law that should override the state’s rules here; state supreme courts are the final arbiters of their own constitutions. That’s why all these red state courts finding a right to abortion in their constitutions is very :leolol: and SCOTUS can’t touch them.

2 Likes

:vince3:

Isn’t there some rumor that she’s sleeping with high ranking NC repubelican?

I will investigate over my long weekend down there?

Yes. Or they’re good friends, or something.

:vince1:

Going to visit my brother outside Asheville and then see my Red Wings in Raleigh Tuesday night. Figure I can stalk the house speaker while I’m in the vicinity.

Every trip sounds better when you can add …to solve mysteries to the end of it.

1 Like

Apparently Bannon is pushing this as both a Dem wedge but also the whole anti-vac deal.

Fringe nut with no supporters files to run for President isn’t even a news story if not for his last name.

As a third party candidate I’m not even sure he pulls more from the dems. He probably pulls support from Qanon.

1 Like

Lol:

https://twitter.com/NBCPolitics/status/1690839219998965760

Running to the right of Trump and Desantis in a democratic primary, on abortion. Bold move, Cotton.

He’s gonna be the candidate that republicans cross parties to vote for in the primaries in open primary states. That is likely 90%+ of his support.

1 Like

I’m going ahead and calling it, Trump wins in ‘24. In the same way that the Taliban was apparently the natural government of Afghanistan, he’s the natural leader of America#1. Unlike 2016 & 2020, I don’t think this is going to be particularly close.
Lots of voters are going to get their faces eaten off by hyenas though.

You’re probably right and that really sucks. The best thing about the Biden presidency has been the ability to just tune out politics again and not have to be worried about what insane thing the president was going to do every day. Like yeah, I get that there is still injustice and atrocities in the world, and Biden is nowhere near perfect, but at the end of the day I just want to not have to constantly think about that shit. (Yes, I understand this is an incredibly privileged position to be in)

But people love drama and want their reality tv president.

I’ll point out not for the first time and not for the last time that the predictive value of polls a year out from an election is basically 0.