ELECTIONS Thread: Menendez May Run Indy in NJ

We may made need to change the French method to the Shogun method used for the sailor in place of John.

Literally every single time.

I can sign on to that mindset once you’ve got some money and you’re contemplating trading time and effort for even more money. But if you’re nowhere near that “certain point”, I think you take the cash. It sounds like you’ve arrived at that spot, I’m just surprised that you needed these economic factors to get you there.

IIRC the original question was giving up something I love for the rest of my life for a lump sum, no going back. So I would have to have a pretty negative outlook and be pretty desperate to do so. But yup, I’ve arrived there.

I don’t remember exactly how it was worded. In any case, you seem different from most. I think for most people poker is a means to an end. But it sounds like that’s not you.

So, does Haley concede tonight? If so, does she endorse Trump? Concede but oppose him? Endorse Biden? Just not say?

Hard to imagine her going the, “It’s time for Republicans to come together,” route after staying in this long. But that’s probably her best play from a selfish standpoint.

I wouldn’t concede. Her best bet is trump dying and she’s left by default.

I still think she will. “The real enemy is Joe Biden”.

What she doesn’t realize is that she still wouldn’t be the nominee.

I don’t think she’s going to endorse him. What she really wants is $ and hero emeritus status with corporate types. Board seats and cocktail parties. She loses that shit going full MAGA

2 Likes

Yep. Maga never going to support a woman, and esp not a brown woman ¯_(ツ)_/¯

This going to be the hottest of spicy takes but my money is on Haley never endorsing Trump at any point this election cycle.

I am suspending not ending my campaign.

1 Like

nah

I don’t think that’s super spicy, she’s got to decide whether she wants a future as a MAGA politician or an establishment politician. Given her actions to date, she probably has a better chance as an establishment politician - but the odds there is a lane for the establishmentGOP in the future seem low.

So what races are we watching tonight? California Senate jungle primary seems like the big one. Schiff is throwing money at the Republican candidate trying to isolate him heads up, and it’s going to be very tight between the GOP guy (Garvey) and Katie Porter. I’m hoping Porter gets second because, as much as she seems to be a terrible boss/person, she’s a good progressive politician and we could use some in the Senate. I don’t hate Schiff or anything, but if he gets that seat he’ll hold it for 20 years. I’d rather see someone more progressive.

Dem Senate primary in Texas is probably another one, whoever wins takes on Cruz and it’s an 8-way race. Seems like the question is whether Allred hits 50% and ends it, or it goes heads up with another challenger.

Any other interesting ones?

@riverman has this right. She’s been intentionally cashing in her political career since the beginning for corporate brownie points. She’s going to spend the rest of her life working corporate no show jobs in exchange for being part of their plan to prevent Trump from being reelected.

And yes at this point a second Trump term is literally only wanted by Trump himself and his moronic supporters. Even other MAGA politicians don’t really want him to be president again. He’s an asshole and they all know/hate him personally (it’s really the same thing). He wins the presidency again they’re going to have to suck up to that gas bag non stop for the rest of his life.

The only powerful people on earth who wouldn’t mind another Trump presidency are our “allies” in Saudi Arabia / Israel, as well as the Russians and Chinese. Domestically it’s basically no one because everyone domestic is heavily exposed to the overall trajectory of our empire and Trump is objectively disastrous for that.

I mean when you’ve loudly lost the Koch brothers… I’ve honestly been surprised the SC has carried as much water for them as they have considering how far beyond ‘outlived his usefulness’ he is.

1 Like

She’ll endorse Trump. She doesn’t want to end up in the camps.

Of course see all the various election related articles talking about importance of immigration policy as top issue which is completely hilarious as it’s straight up manufactured interest. Left to our own devices probably like 1% of people would even give a second worth of thought to what a politician said about it. Like at least you can see inflation on your bills

2 Likes

There’s a hilarious video of a guy who goes among people in a trump rally line asking who was personally affected by the immigration ‘crisis’.

Spoiler: they found no one