Flub-A-Blub-Blub, 5 Billionaires in a Sub

Yeah I think I had read 21inch diameter circular viewing window

1 Like

The new sub they build to view the Titanic and the Titan wreckage will just be called the Tit.

1 Like

star-trek-4-transparent-aluminum-1-e1522447678731

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/Phineas/status/1566425438376828928?s=20

2 Likes

time traveler

1 Like

https://twitter.com/JoshuaPHilll/status/1671963491249299463?s=20

I think I heard or read somewhere that they were around 3400-3500m when they lost communication, and now it sounds like that was when it imploded. I think titanic is 3800m.

1 Like

“I’d like to be remembered as an innovator.”

“I’ve broken some rules to make this, I think I’ve broken them with logic and good engineering behind me.”

@Narrator?

:leolol::leolol::leolol:

1 Like

I think the time frame an important lesson here, looks like 5 years ago it was plainly obvious to people that this was a disaster waiting to happen. But things plugged along for 5 years. I think this analogous to a lot of Musk shenanigans. Like it may be 5,10,15 years before whatever seems like an obvious disaster to folks in the know manifests itself and the fact it is taking time doesn’t suddenly make Musk more of a genius

Has anyone seen how many times the sub didn’t explosively implode at depth during those 5 years?

Yeah I’m starting to be genuinely shocked that it took this long for everyone on it to die.

1 Like

I’m trying really hard to not care at all about this story but haven’t there already been tons of trips to the wreckage? Or were those all unmanned vehicles that only captured video? Was this guy just offering a big discount ride compared to the others or something?

1 Like

The other trips were all in superior vessels that actually followed safety regulations, and stories have come out about close calls even in those trips.

This was an idiot cutting safety corners and spouting bullshit about regulations getting in the way of innovation. When his only “innovation” was making a death trap.

1 Like

most of them have been unmanned, there have been a few people to actually go down this deep (james cameron has been a lot deeper than this, and has mentioned how he’s often had problems that would have been fatal if not for particular fail-safe designs he had insisted on). Not sure of the total number of people to see the titanic in person but I would guess it’s <20?

This interview with James Cameron actually covers it pretty well.

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1671965549381689533?s=46&t=ECIc-ET7JxxiLXr8SgrQ7Q

I mean, when you’re trying to kill a BUNCH of people and you have naysayers crowing about killing someONE, who wouldn’t be insulted?

I’m trying to figure out how this guy didn’t nope the fuck out of that sub design when he saw it. He had been to the titanic wreckage over 30 times.

It’s like Trump confessing to crimes and then telling people to “tune in”.

I feel like we need some internet detectives or the Daily Mail or whoever to dig into the lives of these sub people. I have a feeling at least one of them was “no angel”

1 Like