Flub-A-Blub-Blub, 5 Billionaires in a Sub

THAT’S HOW THIS WHOLE MESS GOT STARTED IN THE FIRST PLACE, PVN

9 Likes

Order soon, you want to beat the crush.

3 Likes

Space on board is increasingly limited!

1 Like

I realize there’s no way to know for sure, but is the general assumption in situations like this that a person goes from conscious and everything being normal to lights out in an instant without any moment of realization that anything has happened?

That seems to be the consensus. Not the worst way to go as far as vehicular fails go.

One moment your wondering when you’ll see something out the little window, the next it is

3 Likes

Remember when we were talking about pricing out the guillotine parts at Home Depot. Little did we know, the correct answer involved sourcing parts from Camping World.

5 Likes

one of the worst maritime disasters in 100 years also happened this week when 600+ migrants died fleeing africa to greece and we’re STILL doing nothing but talking about these sad sacks of shit (except the passengers). jesus christ. did it even make tv news?

4 Likes

The Titanic is an amazing Mobius strip of death.

So we know when the sub imploded, do we have an estimate of how deep they got before the implosion?

I think the US Navy said like 470 meters from the Titanic. Not sure if that’s above or away from, and I assume with low visibility that far below the surface they didn’t even end up seeing it.

it’s probably a pretty wide debris field.

Imagine building a ship and naming it from the same word stem as the Titanic. Imagine getting on it.

1 Like

No way this will happen again

6 Likes

It’s so precious hearing all of these news anchors ask when the bodies will be recovered.

I didn’t realize there were no windows lmao… This guy makes a good point: OceanGate could have just taken them down like 50 feet and kept them there and shown them a video and they never would have known it.

https://twitter.com/ps6811/status/1672069263048286208?t=9PS5yCLvWlvgffumsgMe-A&s=19

Wait, wait… There’s no window? I guess that makes sense from a pressure point of view, but what the fuck is the point of the thing then?

Didn’t watch the clip but it has a viewport/window which is also the part most likely to have failed.

That must have been some thick glass…

The no window thing must be really making the rounds because I heard someone screaming about that yesterday much like the guy in the video. Everything I’ve seen about the vessel, including previous video from inside it, showed a window at the front though.