Flub-A-Blub-Blub, 5 Billionaires in a Sub

Which has unfortunately led to lots of breathless reporting.

2 Likes

apparently if you take the xbox controller in the sub and go up up down down left right left right A B select start you get 12 more hours of air

4 Likes

Been thinking more about how absurd this dive/trip/company existing is. Are there regulatory agencies in relevant countries that should have been able to prevent these shenanigans?

I know the actual wreck is in middle of ocean and thrill seekers/explorers have done dangerous shit forever on their own accord but a company actively marketing what appears to be a clear death trap to consumers is pretty :harold:

Where are all the deficit hawk GOPers? Seems like this would be an easy dunk on biden

Do we know what depth they were at when communication was lost?

Wasn’t it a couple of minutes after they were at the wreck?

1 Like

This reporting is terrible and of course it originated on cnn. Even if they found them at the exact moment they discovered the “banging” sounds they are still fucked. the only difference is now we’ll hear the screams.

Im not a big fan of rich people but I wouldn’t wish that death on anyone. I hope for their sake they explosively decompressed.

3 Likes

While looking up what happens to the body during explosive decompression, I found the incident from the “byford dolphin” quite interesting, particularly this passage from wikipedia.

Coward, Lucas, and Bergersen were exposed to the effects of explosive decompression and died in the positions indicated by the diagram. Investigation by forensic pathologists determined that Hellevik, being exposed to the highest pressure gradient and in the process of moving to secure the inner door, was forced through the crescent-shaped opening measuring 60 centimetres (24 in) long created by the jammed interior trunk door. With the escaping air and pressure, it included bisection of his thoracoabdominal cavity, which resulted in fragmentation of his body, followed by expulsion of all of the internal organs of his chest and abdomen, except the trachea and a section of small intestine, and of the thoracic spine. These were projected some distance, one section being found 10 metres (30 ft) vertically above the exterior pressure door.[3]: 95

he got sucked through a tiny little slit. instant death. way rather go that way than slowly running out of oxygen in an uncomfortable death trap.

What’s the government actually doing here? (I desperately do not want to give clicks to the news stories that might answer this for me)

Regulations lead to more government waste and erosion of your personal freedom.

It has this according to this guy who was on the thing.

Yeah this sounds horrible.

Former Navy submarine commander saying that the Navy has a marine winch system designed to retrieve objects both heavier and deeper than this thing, and that it was flown to Newfoundland. Imagine how much that fuckin’ costs.

1 Like

Do they draw straws to see who gets smothered first? Oxygen is scarce. Three could last longer than five. On the other hand, you may use a lot of oxygen smothering the others if they aren’t in board.

Sounds like the navy budget may be underwater.

1 Like

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/lebatardshow/status/1671655298178613248?s=46&t=ECIc-ET7JxxiLXr8SgrQ7Q

1 Like

Lol that’s the same guy I was just talking about.

The full interview was fantastic. Worth a listen.

LeBatard might be an actual GOAT political reporter without even trying. Depantsing Rob Manfred and now getting this guy to just tell the no bullshit truth while every Fourth Estate media empire talks about how much “hope” they have from reports of pings after it’s explained to them that being stuck on the bottom of the ocean is certain death.

1 Like