Golf Thread: US Open at Pinehurst - RORY VS. ROIDS

The PGA Tour is supposed to be player run and the commissioner went behind their backs and sold out to the Saudis.

Then the deal got announced on CNBC and in the Financial Times.

So moving forward when we use local tax dollars for publicly financed stadiums, we’ll actually be putting those local tax dollars directly into the pockets of foreign dictators. Can’t see anyone having a problem with that!

1 Like

Man, Clarence Thomas is gonna take some nice vacations to the Saudi coast.

1 Like

Poor Shipnuck finished a 100,000 word book on the PGA Tour/LIV… yesterday.

Man I’d be enraged if I were a big name PGA pro whose been taking shit for a year by all sides, strongarmed by the tour, then all these smug fucks like phil “crazy eyes” mickelson who sold out having their cake and eating it too.

I guess money can buy anything.

1 Like
1 Like

Lol Scott van pelt, he’ll be calling tournaments in a keffiyeh next week

That player meeting should be interesting.

1 Like

Asked if network was now a partner of Saudi govt, exec said, “We’re not sure.”

What a quote lol…

Yeah, Monahan better have bags in hand or I don’t see how these guys go along with it.

1 Like

9/11 Families United put out a statement just absolutely shredding Monahan and the PGA Tour. Calling them paid Saudi shills who used the 9/11 community for financial profit, etc.

“PGA Tour leaders should be ashamed of their hypocrisy and greed. Our entire 9/11 community has been betrayed by Commissioner Monahan and the PGA as it appears their concern for our loved ones was merely window-dressing in their quest for money - it was never to honor the great game of golf.”

1 Like

Not sure how the PGA is governed. Can the players still kill this deal?

It’s supposed to be a player-run Tour, but nobody seems to be sure what the fuck is going on right now.

1 Like

Like it’s not just Rory and Tiger and Morikawa who turned down huge bags.

1 Like

The USGA just came out in support of the merger. The heel turns, my God.

This is why players unions exists in professional sports. There’s no way I make another public appearance for the tour if I’m Justin Thomas or Rory unless all this money is getting spread around.

Maybe someone even makes a principled stand and completely refuses to participate in this sham, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

So word on Twitter from people who have some connections in the golf world is that the rulings on discovery were going to allow LIV to prove that the PGA Tour colluded with the majors to block LIV golfers, which obviously happened, and thus the PGA Tour was going to be dead in the water.

Basically, it sounds like Monahan took notes on a criminal fucking conspiracy. (Or more literally communicated very recklessly.)