Golf Thread: US Open at Pinehurst - RORY VS. ROIDS

Ok I lold

3 Likes

From ESPN:

Another PGA Tour member reached by ESPN on Tuesday, questioned why the merger needed to happen when, in his opinion, the PGA Tour was beating the LIV Golf League on the course and in the courts.

“It’s insanity,” the PGA Tour player said. “The LIV tour was dead in the water. It wasn’t working. Now, you’re throwing them a life jacket? Is the moral of the story to just always take the money?”

Yes, that’s the moral of the story. ALWAYS take the money in ANY situation.

Never a big golf fan, so maybe they’ll lose people like me who watch the occasional major, but all the baddies have/will make a shitload of money and next to nobody will care. Don’t write that I’m mad that the Greatest President’s Ever predicted this perfectly, please don’t write that I’m mad.

Pretty much. I may stop watching, I dunno. I love golf, but this is disgusting. I mean, it’s also like if you ever want to see a win in the world - not talking about sports outcomes but actual life stuff - you have to root for the Phil Mickelsons and the PIFs of the world. Money rules all. Might makes right.

Like, LIV was failing on its own right, but it didn’t matter. If they succeeded, they won. By failing, they got to financially bail out the PGA Tour and buy a stake, so they won. Having endless money means winning no matter what.

1 Like

The players meeting is wrapping up, so we should start to get a lot more info shortly.

I assume golf, as the most deplorable sport, has no such thing?

The players, supposedly, run the PGA Tour. They are supposed to have to vote on stuff, I think. Somehow none of them knew about this, though. People seem very confused. It’s reported Tiger and Rory only found out this morning.

BREAKING: Numerous players called for new leadership in the meeting, and it got a standing ovation.

1 Like

Johnson Wagner (lower level PGA Tour player) says the room was about 90% against Monahan and 10% for him. Standing ovations when players called for new leadership.

Why the fuck is Jimmy Dunne (whose whole company basically got murdered on 9/11) negotiating on behalf of the players?

Monahan obviously got a massive bribe directly from the Saudis.

And without the players knowledge, at that!

NLU emergency pod is live.

Bunch of rich, amoral assholes whimsically carving up the world aka same as it ever was aka Succession is real life.

NLU pod is really good

1 Like

Always!

KVV was just dropping some seriously good takes… Saudi money is going to be in all sports, like it or not, that’s the way it’s going to be.

Going back to my earlier point, everyone already knows that publicly financed stadiums are a giant boondoggle. But if this happens, this needs to be the death of them.

It’s happening and most places will still publicly finance them and nobody in government will have a problem with it. If they do, they’ll get a bag of money. If they keep fighting, the robes will get bags of money.