Golf Thread: US Open at Pinehurst - RORY VS. ROIDS

well I’ll be damned, I’m gonna have to experiment with some things

No it’s there opposite. Just think of it this way: once you release your hands, the angles start breaking down, and the shaft moves towards vertical with the club head catching your hands. If you ground a club and then tilt the shaft vertically, you’re adding loft. If you press the shaft forward you’re delofting.

It really has more to do with your hands being in front of the club head at impact, but good luck getting them in front of the club head at impact on a ball forward in your stance.

I’m kind of late to the thread but regarding missing short putts I have a lot of past experience.

I would say the two biggest fixes that helped me were

1.) Getting my eyes directly over top of the ball (look up these putting training aids that have a string over the line and/or a mirror).

2.) Drastic changes to get hands and wrist variation out of your setup / stroke. Depending on you this could be helped with the big fat square grips, using a cross handed technique, locking your front elbow in an unnatural way kind of parallel to the putting line (may dad showed me this and it really worked for me but looks ugly)

Also try to aim small, visualize the ball rolling directly over a specific blade or small point on the edge of the cup rather than just generally rolling into the cup.

Anyway I’m no golf instructor, my best handicap index was around 7 but I did experience and solve this issue a few times in my past so maybe that helps

I’ve worked on it a bit since I posted that - you’re right, I found I was moving my eyes to the putter on its back swing for some reason. Still missing more than I should but less now.

lol full swing koepka episode makes him look like such a whiny pathetic douche and he clearly doesn’t realize it at all. love this series so far

1 Like

Playing for the first time in over a month tonight. Lit golf course, Par 62 ~4000 yards. It’s fairly challenging for being short, water everywhere and the greens are fast as hell. Night golf can be tough to find your ball, but me and my friend allow each other an “honor system” rule where if we can both generally agree where the ball probably went, we’re allowed to drop in that area. This rule is critical to night golf. You can and will lose your ball when you hit it dead center of the fairway and have a really good idea where it went. It simply vanishes. You can use glowballs but I wouldn’t recommend it. You lose about 50 yards off each club which feels terrible hitting a 7 iron into like 90 yards.

It’s been raining (and snowing!) in southern CA for much of the last 2 months so I’m hoping it dried out a bit and doesn’t rain today. I can’t seem to be able to get a round in, just nonstop weather.

Sounds like what we do in the northeast in the fall - leaf rule says if you can’t find it just drop and move on.

1 Like

honestly unless you’re playing for money I think everyone should play this way. Nothing drives me crazier than some dude in the bushes for 5+ minutes looking for a ball that cost less than a dollar. Drop it, take a penalty or don’t, I don’t give a fuck, play faster lol

the yellow and black soccer ball Callaways are by far the easiest to find though, and these kind of conditions I tend to use those. Plus the super soft are really nice balls

1 Like

somehow sprained my ankle while playing the sport with probably the statistically lowest chance of this type of injury

I’ve never played night golf, but wouldn’t one of these and a $7 black light solve a lot of your problems?

https://www.amazon.com/Opticz-Blacklight-Reactive-Invisible-Marker/dp/B01F6IPK00/ref=asc_df_B01F6IPK00/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167139098072&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6565736839246116772&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9007386&hvtargid=pla-309064134681&psc=1

that would probably help. the problem is twofold: everywhere you go are lost golf balls, for one, and two, lots of crap out there looks like a golf ball from far away and then you roll up and it’s just light being reflected off a leaf.

I need new glasses, I couldn’t see shit and couldn’t seem to make good contact all night.

This is high quality golf and hilarious. KB is great.

1 Like

Never forget

2 Likes

we’re shaping up for a rory vs scheffler final in match play this afternoon. hype.

jfc rory was up 2 with 3 to play and lost.

the pga is so stupid. cutting match play format next year when this format has always been a fan favorite - if anything they should do more of these, butnaahhhhhh.

this is still the more interesting match today because burns is just ripping poor cam young to pieces here. instead the consolation match is the one to watch, haha. rory’s been kind of choking today (he’s just given away holes) but just made a big eagle to go 2 up through 12. I wouldn’t count scottie out though, as we saw earlier today being up 2 is not a very big lead for rory, lmfao.

these are easily the two best players in golf at this moment, fun to see.

The problem is money and TV… Only four guys on the course on Sunday and only one match actually matters, and the more compelling matchup doesn’t really matter.

1 Like

it’s like 80% ads. no way it isn’t profitable.

who we got for this weekend?

kevin na already withdrew, as augusta claims its first victim