Golf Thread: US Open at Pinehurst - RORY VS. ROIDS

Rooting for Tiger and Rory, bet on Rory and Zalatoris. I think Rahm is not getting enough attention com in my in, and of course Scheffler will likely be around. JT def someone to watch, too.

Couldn’t bring myself to do it because I hated him before LIV and I loathe him now, but Bryson at 150-1 was interesting. Distance matters a lot at ANGC.

1 Like

I like JT, but he has no shot at all the way he’s been putting. He’s like 150th in strokes gained putting this year.

Freddy on the first page of the leaderboard like clockwork :smile:

tiger is having a rough one

He’s really only had two bad swings imo (both on 11). He hasn’t had many really accurate irons, lots of just ok ones. Putting results have been bad but stroke looked fine to me, just wasn’t getting results.

And make that three bad swings as I type this - tee shot on 14 waaaaay left.

LIV sighting…Brooksy at -4

Koepka is the one guy playing over there that I could buy winning this week. Looks like he’s finally healthy, and he never cared about playing anything but the majors in the first place.

not if hovland keeps this up… jesus shit he’s gonna break 60 at this rate

Shouldn’t the LIV guys have to wear something so we know who to hate. I can’t keep track of all of them.

1 Like

My understanding is most of them won’t have normal sponsors. They’ll be wearing LIV team logos. The only ones with apparel deals are the ones who had contracts that haven’t run out yet.

LOL they can’t even have apparrel contracts?

fuckin phil is such a disingenuous loser, framing this as a big win for player freedom, pga being too controlling etc (it is) but at least pga players can negotiate their own contracts outside the PGA, hahahaha.

There are 17 LIV guys at Augusta. Off the top of my head some of the big names are Cam Smith, Koepka, DJ, Reed, Bryson, Garcia, Mickelson.

No, but they’re being over compensated for that loss.

well that changes a lot. people made a big deal about tiger turning down 700+ million but his contract with Nike alone has to be more than that.

Tiger’s Nike deal is estimated at $20-40M a year. Lifetime he’s probably made $500M+ from Nike.

The full Speith experience. How the fuck do you double 13.

1 Like

Analysts shocked Koepka/Woodland got away with their cheating.

Weird - you aren’t allowed to tell the person you’re playing with that you hit a 6-iron off the tee? But like, they could just look at what club you pull or overhear you discussing options with your caddy?

basically, yes. it’s a dumb rule that’s never enforced.

1 Like

koepka starting hot today. don’t worry, he’s a mental midget, first sign of trouble he’s gonna collapse

People should just yell, “Five!” at him all the way around the course.

1 Like

Wrong tournament/course for that.