Golf Thread: US Open at Pinehurst - RORY VS. ROIDS

Possibly the best finish of the year, by the most popular player in the world, and it wasn’t on TV.

For the love of god fire Jay Monahan.

people taunting and chirping at harman at the open. stay classy as always, uk

the rain and wind is expected to get much heavier

zzzzzz. NBC must be pretty bummed that some tiny little guy with zero star power/charisma clowned everyone and it wasn’t close.

Also, gtfo with this dumb internal out of bounds gimmick. Few yards off the fairway? Enjoy your double+. Challenge is fun, gimmicky secret death traps and raking bunkers flat? I dunno. w/e at least it’s over.

1 Like

lol, wonder what big shitty mickelson news is about to drop to get him to do this

as much as i cant stand mickelson the last few years though, it was a decent post. just kind of out of “left” field a bit.

oh my god fat perez drained a hole in one at the breezy invitational

1 Like

lol this guy is the fkn worst

Some lawyer has a real juicy mark with this guy. Imagine the billable hours for a completely failed venture.

2 Likes

he’s going after the judge now, lol

daddy taught him well

Had my closest to a hole in one ever today. 158 out strong left to right wind, landed it 5 feet left of the stick and had the sweet sweat as it rolled across. Was actually a foot or so behind the hole, but I definitely got rustled for a second.

Brag: that was the start of my first ever back-to-back birdies
Beat: still shot 90
Variance: 75 degree day in the northeast on October 27

4 Likes

Colorado getting snow today after being in the 80’s last week, winter is coming…

https://twitter.com/JonRahmpga/status/1732907524280471675

“I have no doubt that this giant bag of cash is a great opportunity for me and my family. Jon Rahm is above the law! I finally have enough money I can buy my way outta anything!”

That one’s going to hurt.

OK I haven’t followed golf closely since the merger, why are guys still jumping to LIV if they are merging?

LIV is soooo good at the creepy photos. Rahm with that look in his eye’s cause he knows he sold his soul and Norman looking a bit like the emperor in Star Wars “Yessssss Jonny my boy come to the dark side…”

Rahm had previously been [critical of the league], even once saying that $400 million would not change his lifestyle. However, amid rumors that an offer reached $600 million, Rahm is off to the Saudi-funded league.

Maybe I’m a sucker, but he kind of had me going with that, “$400 million wouldn’t change my life one bit,” quote a while back. I don’t fault anyone for getting the bag at this point because the bad guys obviously won already. But I actually bought that he was playing for legacy and titles, and he’s giving that up… So I’m really curious what one can buy for $600 million but not with $400 million.

I’ve been reading the merger is in jeopardy

plus a guaranteed $500 mill payday is way better than continuing to play on the tour

Rahm has $77M in career earnings and can probably make $20M on Tour, plus endorsements. So he was already totally set, and he seemed to actually care about legacy. So he’s giving legacy up for $600M. Which, if that’s what he cares more about, at this point, the bad guys won so get yours. But why was $400M not enough but $600M is, that’s just funny to me. Like is there a small Spanish island listed for $595M or something?

That’s 50% more cocaine and hookers