Golf Thread: US Open at Pinehurst - RORY VS. ROIDS

seeing rumors that finau is imminent. this is really bad news

Yep, and fiery Tyrell Hatton along with him (to form Rahm’s new team?).

Hard to blame Tony though, as he has something like 27 Samoan mouths to feed.

https://twitter.com/JNucci23/status/1733612679929999834

2 Likes

The dam is broke. There’s going to be a bunch of guys scrambling for a bag before the well dries up.

1 Like

Things have devolved to the point that Brandel Chamblee is actually hoping a PGA Tour/PIF deal will get done–unthinkable a year ago.

How does Jay Monahan have a job. Unreal.

2 Likes

It may be correlated with legacy for Americans but guys like Seve, Montgomerie, Faldo, and Langer aren’t even on the list. Look at how over represented the US flag is on that list compared to golf history.

Rahm is a Euro player. His picture of greatness might vary from yours

maybe americans are just better

Then I guess they won’t miss Rahm

:white_check_mark: Rich
:white_check_mark: White
:white_check_mark: Male

That also describes 99.9% of all people who’ve ever been associated with the sport of golf (well, the rich and white part at least…).

I know LIV sucks, and is the idea of a bunch of terrible people. But I also want Monahan and all the Golf writers who have been so critical of the players who went to LIV to get their comeuppance. And PGA Tour is kind of always claiming some moral high ground while being a microcosm of the banal evils of conservative America. So I’m kind of rooting for LIV to bring more pain to the tour, or at least for all this drama to continue.

I was still a pretty big fan of golf for a long time but very little in golf was captivating between the weeks after Tiger’s affairs came out and when LIV went live. The post Tiger dominance era was just kind of meh to in comparison to the Tiger era. LIV vs PGA Tour at least makes a lot of interesting drama

1 Like

Seems like the perfect time for Tiger to start his own league of young, up and coming ams/pros.

Never going to happen, but the possibilities could be endless.

The TGL thing is pretty damn close to that but seems designed to coexist with PGA Tour

1 Like

Tony didn’t take the money and run.

https://x.com/GOLF_com/status/1734359681982706105?s=20

This entire situation was created by the PGA leadership and to some degree its sponsors not listening to players year after year. They thought they were untouchable and had a monopoly on their players, and when they found out they weren’t, tried to strongarm their players into staying only to doublecross them in the end. It absolutely is monohan’s fault and they deserve everything that happens to them. Unfortunately a consequence of that is outside of the majors we may not see golf how we used to on tv anymore. for 95% of people this is probably fine, only weirdos really watch the tournaments outside of the majors other than notable ones like the waste management.

1 Like

The PGA has always had their head up their ass as far as I’m concerned. a few years ago they went after content creators on IG for playing PGA footage on their reels and stuff. It is absolutely a good thing for the game and for PGA to get free exposure like that but they decided to make a copyright claim and take all that down so that’s why you don’t see much PGA footage on social media anymore. There was no real good reason to do that.

Ironically - the truly hilarious thing now is that in order to keep players from revolting, as they should, monahan conceded and gave the players a majority on the PGA tour board, and now tiger is on it. That’s why you hear a lot about cantlay “taking over”, he’s leading that coalition.

there’s practically no way you could’ve played this worse than monahan did. the fact he still has a job tells you what you need to know about the rampant corruption in america.

real unity ceo vibes. just absolute 4d moron chess on display here.

Jay did such a great job they gave him a massive pay raise.

Scheffler, Rory, Xander are not a featured group. Fuck off with that.

That’s fucking infuriating. Who did they pick instead?