Golf Thread: US Open at Pinehurst - RORY VS. ROIDS

@Riverman use the “My Group” feature on the Masters site. Add whoever you want to the group and you’ll get each of their shots as they’re uploaded (pretty fast).

https://twitter.com/NoLayingUp/status/1777794770917581063

Rahm not looking very sharp in the Par 3. Koepka looks dialed. Rickie somehow managed to post a -5 and risk the jinx.

Proceeds to immediately chip in, then flag one.

Sounds like an hour or two weather delay is likely tomorrow morning.

Of course, the My Group feature isn’t working. If they don’t get it fixed by 1:12, no coverage of Scheffler, McIlroy and Schauffele until they reach the 4th tee.

Very easy conditions early. Wind isn’t up as much as expected, greens are softened up from the rain, much easier to hold the green so some of these guys are successfully firing at the flags.

Rory misses a 10 footer for birdie on one, blasts his drive on 2 some 50 yards off line, behind the 4th tee. Didn’t even know you could get to the 4th tee with the drive on 2. Yikes.

Listening to the radio feed of Rory, he just tried to get it through a window in the trees with a low bullet with a 3 wood, hoping to get it up around the green. Instead he caught it heavy, hit a tree, and buzzed his playing partners.

Sounds like an adventure.

Rory pulls a short iron with his 3rd into 2, he’s long, short sided, and in trouble.

Rory bogeys one of the easiest holes on the course. Played it about how I would - blast a drive right, hit a tree trying to do too much on the punch out, yank a wedge to the exact place you can’t miss, demonstrate a distinct lack of touch with the short game, then miss a 5-footer to salvage a par.

Rory birdies 3, then finds the front bunker on 4, somehow sends it past the hole and has a downhiller for par, slides it past and cards another bogey. +1 through 4.

My group not working plus no way to watch Rory / Scheffler is just awful. Imagine an NFL game that comes on in the middle of the 2nd quarter.

Yeah I listened to the radio feed then watched them on 4-6 on the feed, but still annoying. Hopefully it’s fixed for tomorrow.

The Cat!

Why would anyone want to watch full coverage of the Super Bowl of golf? Anyone tell these mfers that “The Masters doesn’t begin until back nine on Sunday” isn’t literal?

1 Like

How much later can they play today? The late starters may have to play 27 plus tomorrow without much break if they follow their original day 2 tee times.

They’re going to go til 7:30 - 8:00 range. There will be a lot of golf played tomorrow.

Tiger out in 35, pretty suboptimal if he plays Amen Corner in this wind then runs out of daylight, but that’s probably what’s going to happen. Great performance thus far.

Thought Scheffler played best and got a couple lucky breaks (esp on 13, could have easily made 6 and snuck out with a 4). Bryson player well and also got a couple breaks.

Rory played well but missed a couple putts he should make, made a couple bad decisions early.

Beautiful sand save there for El Gato on 10, just exquisite bunker work. Headed into Amen Corner at -1.