Golf Thread: US Open at Pinehurst - RORY VS. ROIDS

New report this morning that the cop was not necessarily “attached” to the car but was running along side it, tripped, fell, then went nuts and arrested him.

Also a report that all charges will be dropped Tuesday.

Scottie would never do it, but he should absolutely sue them.

1 Like

WTF with that first eyewitness? Unless you’re fucking Spiderman the only way you attach yourself to an SUV is jumping on the hood.

ycZox

1 Like

I’m running out of Pikachus, man.

Maybe he was on the opposite side and thought he was like hanging onto the side of the car?

What is this, a pitch-n-putt?

It’s a visually tricked out putt putt.

1. Even if on the other say, why would you think that? That’s a Spiderman move. No way some typical out of shape Kentucky cop can (or would even attempt to) do that.

2. Second witness says he thought he saw cop running with car and trip, so it seems unlikely the cop was on the other side.

They will sweep the whole thing under the rug. Golfer probably didn’t pay much attention and the cop made a fool of himself.

Everyone would just like this to go away.

So uh, Bryson has a five iron that has “8” on it instead of 5? What am I missing here

https://twitter.com/officialtourpro/status/1792311938598256753

The faces of his irons are 3D printed, similar shape to the faces of drivers/woods - toe mishits draw, heel mishits fade, everything moves back towards the target line. The harder you swing the more spin, so the more recovery.

It should be banned at the highest levels imo.

Honestly that sounds like buzzword bingo to me. In what way is 3D printing responsible for the flight characteristics that couldn’t also be achieved by traditional manufacturing processes?

What is the specific thing that should be banned? Toe hits having a draw bias? The construction method?

right ok but this is just another design refinement, it doesn’t magically give an 8 iron the distance of a 5 iron

it’s pretty weird anyway, if you did have this magic ability you would just end up adding even more-wedgier wedges, and you have a limit to how many clubs you can carry, so what you call them seems pretty irrelevant

The iron number is pretty irrelevant because the lofts can be significantly different between manufacturers and what kind of iron it is (game improment, players sets etc). Lots of times the game improment type irons that are marketed to us scrubs have stronger lofts to give more distance.

I think Bryson’s club lofts are stronger to keep his spin in check. So what he calls an 8i might have the same loft as a more traditional 7i or 6i. Bryson also uses (or at least he used to i haven’t followed his most recent equipment stuff) the same shaft length in all of his irons so his shorter irons are going to have a longer shaft then we’d normally see. Longer shaft means more club head speed.

lol Louisville prosecutor, lol Louisville generally, a felony with a mandatory 5 year jail sentence get the fuck out of here

I wish them the best of luck against literally whoever the best defense attorney legally allowed to take the case is. It won’t help, but it might result in the LMPD looking even worse if it gets far enough to keep generating headlines.

Wait, wut?

Figured for sure this would just all go away this week.

That was a really safe bet but for a decision that the mayor of Louisville would for sure fire someone for if that was an actual option.

Something to do with curvature in the face of the iron.

All irons should be forced to have flat faces, and pros should have flat faces on all clubs IMO.

It lets him swing super hard without worrying about it going a mile off line.

1 Like