GOP Insanity Thread: a bunch of weirdos weirding out

Lukewarm take: Ron Desantis would be a worse president than Trump.

2 Likes

LET’S DO TRIAL BY COMBAT

7 Likes

Guy’s a state senator in West Virginia :leolol: :leolol: :leolol:

#Diedsuddendly

1 Like

he took waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long to react to that.

2 Likes

Over/under 20.5% chance it was staged so he can freak out about vaccines?

1 Like

Id snap take the over

Santos!

https://twitter.com/nlanard/status/1619130124909301760

1 Like

So he:

1. Got over the reporting limit from someone else and structured it this way to avoid that? Or;
  2. Was straight up being funded by a foreign government or some kind of organized crime?
2 Likes

#2 -500

2 Likes

entire story sounds like a con that went more successful than they ever dreamed. at first i thought they were just trying to grift some rich donors on a long shot they never figured they’ll win, and though doing the same grift the following cycle seems risky, it is possible and santos surely seems like he could have gone for it twice.

but now i think the probable explanation is that it is some sort of money-laundering of campaign funds, where santos may or may not be getting a significant cut. the fact that it is somehow connected to a foreign national isn’t surprising, although whenever they turn out to be a russian oligarch, it becomes super sus.

In all seriousness, the KC/OH food-based shit-talking is the most lopsided battle I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

Ehhh I mean he made a stupid mistake, but only in the context of the stupidity of these politician sports bets to show home state pride.

Like, he grew up just outside KC on the Missouri side, and the spot he mentioned is the most famous BBQ spot in KC. Is anyone actually supposed to care that it’s 0.8 miles from Missouri in a city that spans both states? Is he supposed to wager inferior brisket on some sort of silly quest to say Kansas City, MO brisket > Kansas City, KS brisket?

Or to put it another way, if Arrowhead Stadium was a few miles west of where it is, would he look like a fool for wanting to make the bet?

I find all the sports stuff in politics stupid like 95% of the time. Like presidential candidates pandering, or governors/senators pretending they’re Giants AND Jets fans or Eagles AND Steelers fans. No you’re not, fuck off, just be honest. Who cares?

I’m a die hard sports fan, and I couldn’t care less. The only time it’s cool is when the politician is actually a die hard fan and it shows - aka they act like a normal person for a few minutes in front of cameras, and even then, anyone who considers that for one millisecond while voting is a moron.

Wait, this is the silly stuff that makes us irrationally angry thread, right?

least of my problems with mo and oh senators

Well, Sherrod Brown is the least of your problems with MO and OH senators, but I get your point.

God it’s a full clown car of the absolute worst opinion-havers in the business all in one paragraph.

The lab leak stuff spread to even more liberal circles. We had some talk about it too.

TBH, I get it. People really want a reason or some sort of order for why things are the way they are, and get really uncomfortable with the idea of random bad shit that changes the course of history just happens sometimes. It’s far more comforting to think we, as humanity, have control over that kind of shit.

2 Likes