GOP Insanity Thread: a bunch of weirdos weirding out

I always thought the mor- root implied death but TIL that’s a different word and morbid only relates to a disease. Maybe she thought the same thing.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t think it’s an unreasonable thing for someone to assume.

I just brought it up mostly as an example of minor pet peeve of mine that if your writing a potentially high profile opinion piece /tweet thread/etc it’s worth running it by some people with potential expertise to catch stuff like that.

Like that sentence really was mostly irrelevant to the message she was sharing but starting out with it kinda hurts the overall messaging

That’s the discussion in a nutshell. It seems pretty obvious that autism is a whole range of differing brain function that is really tricky what is “disease” vs shades. Prolly the same with gender identity. The need to put everything in binary categories which inevitably leads to good vs bad or normal vs abnormal is the fate of us ignorant humans.

People that have trouble socially or making eye contact have a diagnosis now. People that overreact to everything with anger are just hot heads, but “normal”, cause who doesn’t get angry?

Yeah for sure, that’s why the actual medical diagnosis is Autism Spectrum Disorder. But this article to me didn’t seem to raise any concerns about autism being a diagnosis, it was about how folks with autism right to make medical decisions may become more restricted.

ETA- I also think it’s important (at least for now) for gender dysphoria to be a medical diagnosis because one the whole things we want to expand/protect for trans people is access to medical care/medication/etc. It’s hard to justify to society why someone would need medical care if they didn’t have a medical condition that would benefit from that care.

Both are double edged swords (diagnosis vs not). The right is working hard to sharpen their edge.

Boomers solving the problem they created.

2 Likes

Every time they mention participation trophies I remember 12 year old me in his last year of organized sports yeeting a second place trophy into the pond near our house a couple of hours after losing the last game of the season.

No I wasn’t good lol. If I had been good we probably would have won the game lol.

Boredsocial as a youth:

https://media.tenor.com/HBaEU3o0NmwAAAAd/dude-bro.gif

4 Likes

Oh I was a ragey little shit no doubt.

1 Like

They have libraries in Missouri?

It looks like they used to have libraries in Missouri.

The Republican Tennessee legislature has identified the problem with gun violence and is prepared to fix it:

…by retaliating against Democratic representatives who participated in protests

They stripped two Dems of committee assignments and are considering expelling them from the House entirely

Larry Hogan’s former chief of staff killed by FBI after manhunt. I imagine this is the kind of thing that might hurt his presidential campaign

edit: lol, this was initially reported as a “self-inflicted gunshot” but now they’re like uhhhh maybe we killed him

Son and daughter-in-law have voted in Wisconsin this morning. They won’t take my advice and go back to vote again.

I was north of Milwaukee last week and son tons of Judge Janet ads. Nothing for Kelly.

:crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:

5 Likes

TIL that the Tennessee GOP refused to expel a state representative who abused underage girls he coached in basketball (he promised he wouldn’t seek re-election, then said LOL j/k and kept running and won).

On that note, the GOP initiated procedures to expel the three Democrats who participated in gun reform protests.

This guy is the founder of a liberal newspaper in Tennessee:

1 Like

:leolol:

3 Likes