GOP Insanity Thread: a bunch of weirdos weirding out

The conservative movement has been intellectually bankrupt since Regan at the very least. Arguably they’ve been intellectually bankrupt since they tried to spin slavery in the south as something the slaves enjoyed. That was in the mid to late 1800s.

Unfortunately during the Reagan era the previous cycle had just ended and it was obviously very problematic with good reasons to end (probably not as bad as now, but it definitely wasn’t great).

But then we tried their ideas at scale for a long time and they absolutely didn’t work. At that point you have to either come up with something new to try or let the other side try something… the GOP did neither and that’s how they went intellectually bankrupt.

Reagan and HW had at least one idea: supply side, trickle down economics. It was a bad idea, laughable on its face that the people who compulsively hoarded money would somehow hoard less when given more, but it was an idea. But taking that idea seriously set the precedent that we always have to take what Republicans say seriously, no matter how nonsensical.

1 Like

Nitpick—I’m pretty sure that HW called it voodoo economics.

Fact Check: True! But it was said before he governed as basically a successor to Reagan.

1 Like

This is fucking disgusting, even by Texas Republican standards.

Kinda surprised he isn’t pardoning the guy tbh

1 Like

Just wait. Texas two-step.

Nah shooter seems like he’s “illegal” too so he’ll be murdered by the state instead

1 Like

The shooter seems plenty American, after all he loves shooting his gun and became murderous when asked to stop.

1 Like

oops

1 Like

7k9bph

6 Likes

more:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CrrFdILp7i5/

1 Like

More details on what got Tucker tossed:

non-paywall link

Feels like he routinely said worse stuff than that on his show?

The show is a performance, it’s not really real, the stuff in emails and texts is the actual Tucker speaking.

Yeah, the dude was spouting great replacement theory rhetoric nightly. There’s no way that text concerned executives.

1 Like

Literally every night.

1 Like

The texts were very clearly just a pretext for firing Tucker, I can’t believe the media is falling for it.

I mean, it’s completely let them fight.gif. I ain’t going to shed any tears for Tucker that his former shitty employer is knifing him on the way out. But god damn, other media outlets, have a fucking critical eye just one time before regurgitating this shit

1 Like