GOP Insanity Thread: a bunch of weirdos weirding out

I honestly think he god fired for thinking he was bigger than FOX. Like he just annoyed Rupert Murdoch, that’s it.

They’ve paid off sexual assault victims to the the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars. They broadcast nazi shit around the clock. They were not horrified by Tucker Carlson’s racism.

1 Like

are you serious? literally all they do is blindly accept pretexts from anyone claiming authority

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1653776471612063751?s=20

Sounds serious!

The former agent, Jared L. Wise, was arrested on Monday and faces four misdemeanor counts, including disrupting the orderly conduct of government and trespassing

https://twitter.com/sollenbergerrc/status/1653912796688531458

Hahahahaha what? How fucking stupid are these rich people with so much money to blow that they’re like “yeah I’m sure you can just send a guy half a million dollars”???

Wait until all these people learn about the “lol, fuck you” defense

1 Like

I just can’t get upset over this, I"m sorry, if you this incredibly gullible something like this was bound to happen.

1 Like

This. The fact that you can be that stupid with that amount of money, and yet still have that amount of money to be stupid with tells you just how stupidly rich these idiots are. Tax the rich.

Not sure that’s going to work for Herschel.

2 Likes

These assholes who do nothing when in power can fuck off with this. Fuck you Bill Frist.

1 Like

Should have just slipped them into an unrelated bill at the last minute

2 Likes

Call me crazy, but if our democracy holds for the next cycle or two I think we have a real chance at some level of gun control in the next five years. The non stop media coverage of random and insane shootings reminds me a lot of the wall to wall coverage of people getting fucked by their health insurance companies pre-Obama.

Plus we’ll start losing more and more Boomer voters and getting more Gen Z voters who grew up doing school shooter drills.

Isn’t this basically what Trump did throughout his Presidency? Political donors buying memberships at Mar-a-Lago, staying at his shitty hotels, etc?

Was talking about this with a friend recently. I was in middle school when columbine happened, and it seemed like a completely insane thing to think that could happen. Kids now grow up being taught this is something you have to be prepared for on a regular basis.

5th grade niece had a lockdown the other day. Turns out it was an innocent false alarm-miscommunication/rumor out of control. But still fucking traumatic for all involved.

Local small college had one a couple of years back from balloons popping.

I heard it was because Tucker had a cult leader like religious influence over his fiancée. That’s why the engagement only lasted two weeks and Tucker was fired shortly after.

The right will win this battle because the left won’t even fight it.

Nothing new, though. A lot of the history we’re taught is bullshit or omits significant factual events.

1 Like

Outside of OJ, Columbine is the first thing I can remember just watching day after day on the 24 hour news. I was a Sophomore so it hit really hard. It was near unfathomable that anything like that could ever possibly happen.

Now we call it Tuesday.

2 Likes

So apparently Texas Republicans want to get rid of no fault divorce? Lolllllll fuck all the way off GOP.

They’re mashing the self destruct button, you really just hate to see it.

Doesn’t help much with state legislatures and Gerry Mander.

Link?

I don’t think I posted anything here about the ongoing Steven Crowder meltdown, but his wife filed for divorce from him (go figure!) and he’s super mad that she’s just allowed to do that and he can’t keep her trapped!