GOP Insanity Thread: a bunch of weirdos weirding out

Yeah seems a tough sell now, guess main opportunities would be attracting people to college towns or if you have a good work from home job and like nature can live like a king in rural areas.

I mean once the filibuster is gone the Democrats only need 50 + the WH to make the Senate essentially unimportant. MN just showed us that. Once you have 50 Senators to get rid of the filibuster you almost certainly have 50 senators to court pack.

Do we even have 40 senators willing to nuke the filibuster?

Yeah, Hispanics are becoming the new honorary white people. The GOP is actively reaching out to them and running Spanish-language AM radio programs while the left is just passively hoping they decide to become Democratic voters, itā€™s pure political incompetence.

Right now? Probably not? But itā€™s going to be pretty hard to get elected to the Senate as a Democrat going forward without promising to blow up the filibuster in the primaries.

Weā€™re not going to have fair elections after the next GOP incumbent (likely trump the way things are going). They didnā€™t do a coup in 2020, but it was a really stupid coup. They learned exactly which judges to put in place and where, they learned the weaknesses of the system, theyā€™ve already shown a willingness to weaponize the corrupt courts and the DOJ - itā€™s curtains, like riverman said, you cant run an infinite parlay on a bunch of -300, it is effectively game over eventually.

Once biden shoots himself in the face on this economy shit, itā€™ll just seal the deal. 9/10 (maybe more) donā€™t know what a fucking fillibuster is, much less the consequences it has for them. People dont pay attention to things on the level that people do here.

In theory, the GOP canā€™t survive being this unpopular. In reality, theyā€™ve just mastered the art of minoritarian rule. Theyā€™ve only won a national election once in 25 years yet theyā€™re crushing it everywhere on policy: gun control, abortion, they just gutted the Clean Water Act, etc. etc. etc. All of it is wildly unpopular.

1 Like

Ken Paxton impeached, 120-23. Guess there are consequences every once in a while for people not named Trump.

Heā€™s been under indictment for how long now? Weird something finally happened

Are there really consequences? Like I donā€™t super know the details here but itā€™s probably some petty shit between him and the head of the TX Senate GOP or something lol, not consequences for years of being a lawless piece of shit.

Apparently heā€™s getting shit canned because he expected the party to cover a $3 million settlement or something, who cares, fuck this guy!

Or this! Who knows! Thereā€™s so many things!

:vince3:

Who the hell is so lazy that they wonā€™t even commute to go see their mistresses? He should go to jail for that.

Interesting thread about how Ian Miles Cheong hasnā€™t always been a RWNJ:

Conservatives now boycottingā€¦ Chick Fil A? Yes, come join me in my boycott, ya fuckin morons!

2 Likes

We need the let them fight guy on the :heart: choice list.

1 Like

Or at the very least, a custom emoji.

letthemfight

5 Likes