GOP Insanity Thread: a bunch of weirdos weirding out

Meh I don’t think this is true. It was LBJ and the foreign policy ghouls, JFK and RFK kept refusing their demands to invade Cuba.

I didn’t know this was the Succession discussion thread.

1 Like

RFJ Jr, 1972:

https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/1684262402664038405

can you imagine the howling if something like this happened to biden

jesus can you imagine the fucking meltdown people will have if Beshar gets to appoint a replacement for McConnell??

Not a very big meltdown:

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/543699-kentucky-legislature-limits-governors-senate-appointment-power/

McConnell not nuking Trump after 1/6 was a really catastrophic act of cowardice for the GOP establishment. They’ve completely lost control and it’s all on Mitch.

1 Like

lol forgot about that

what happens if the governor just… doesn’t get around to it? the story doesn’t mention it but I’m sure these dipshits have thought of that.

Hopefully they thought about it about as hard as the dipshits who wrote the US Constitution considered what to do when the Senate just doesn’t get around to confirming Justices.

1 Like

We have *multiple* “conservatives getting in Nazi trouble” articles today!

The full quote: “It is hard to talk about the Holocaust and rising anti semitism without discussing Jewish presence in banking”

LOL CNN

hunter

:leolol:

8 Likes

TBH, I think all governors should replace an empty seat with someone from the same party as the former office holder.

I think we should stop being losers and do unto others as others would do unto us. If there’s a single conceivable way to win a procedural edge against the GOP at this point who cares about institutions that don’t care about us?

3 Likes

Yeah, I mean if Raphael Warnock is killed by a rabid puppy while shooting his next campaign ad, I have no doubts Brian Kemp will appoint the Trumpiest candidate possible unless prohibited by law.

Kentucky needs to get a plant inside the Republican Party that can be appointed as an R, then switch. Fuckem.

That won’t work. The governor can’t just pick any registered R. The legislature gets to submit a list of choices and he can only pick from that list.

I agree that in this situation, I wouldn’t fault the Dem governor for appointing a Dem.

I just think that governors, in general, should respect the will of their own citizens when making replacement appointments.

The party of personal responsibility