GOP Insanity Thread: a bunch of weirdos weirding out

oh the white apologists LOVE this one, “well ackshually blacks are much more racist than whites” right up there with “mentioning racism is the real racism”

same person probably really really likes to point out that “the blacks” murder more black people than whites.

That’s not true we just need the conservatives to start losing elections 65/35 nationally… which is where this is going. Things will keep getting worse which will keep applying more and more political pressure until something snaps.

People are super pissed. Fortunately for the rich people they are still yelling at each other about whether or not trans people should be able to play sportsball, but as things get worse and worse the distractions don’t work as well. A great example of this would be the entire countries collective shrug at UFO’s this summer.

Every day I’m shocked the rich don’t use their power to put us on a more sustainable road where they get to stay rich… but instead they go to the mat to defend wildly indefensible shit. They could pay their workers and stay rich, but no they have to take everything. Absolutely mystifies me and those who know me know that nobody would describe me as not greedy. I’m actually an infinite hungry void always demanding more material wealth no matter how much I get (so far)… but I generally speaking want to keep the gravy train rolling and more than happy to give up meaningful shares of the revenue to protect it.

I honestly think the problem is that the people who inherited their money have no idea that it could all end. They have never lived with the possibility that one major fuck up could make them homeless and it shows… and now they’re on the road to the guillotine even if we don’t actually decapitate them at the end.

I used to think the breaking point would be “Republicans will eventually lose enough elections that they will have to change.” I now think the breaking point is basically a coin flip between Democrats just perpetually winning national elections (which is also not great) and Republicans instituting apartheid. Because Republicans aren’t going to change. If they ever get control of the federal government again, it’s curtains for representative democracy and we will never have free and fair elections again without an actual shooting civil war.

You’re absolutely right the rich people are fucking around so much because not only have they never found out, they’ve never even seen anyone find out.

1 Like

Agreed.

Do not agree. Or if it is, it’s moving at such a glacial pace that it might as well not be moving.

We were closer to 65/35 in 2008 than we are now.

You know what’s awesome?

Tucker Carlson completely going away and zero people giving a shit.

Also Rush Limbaugh is DEAD

5 Likes

It’s also not clear that having 65% of the population on your side will be enough in the future. With the way voting rights and gerrymandering are going, and with the state of the Supreme Court, that may not even matter.

We’re like 51/49 at best right now.

It’s extremely gratifying to see how quickly Tucker just disappeared, with no one really filling in the void. Boomers are absolutely not going to watch streaming programming on Youtube or wherever.

Sometimes I tune in to Rush’s old radio slot to see what’s going on, they really don’t have anyone who can do what Rush did.

https://x.com/MorningConsult/status/1706325610077852060?s=20

We really really really need Democrats to stop talking about right wing culture war bullshit immediately. It’s like trying to hold the chunk of no mans land between the trenches where the smoke screen got dropped.

Imagine talking about pronouns instead of rich people paying taxes and healthcare.

1. Abortion
  2. Raises for the bottom 75%
  3. Rich people paying taxes and healthcare and Social Security and shit like that.

BTW, Biden standing with the unions is a good step. If the Dems can dominate the union white men without a degree demographic, that makes the blue wall pretty fucking solid again, right?

1 Like

He’s not going to dominate that group because Dey took our jerbs herp derp.

LMAO this can’t be real.

1 Like

“fuck you, no” continues to be undefeated

The voters rights groups just gave up, it appears.

Maybe this put the writing on the wall for the case?

The state Supreme Court’s Republican chief justice, who had provided a swing vote against GOP-leaning maps, retired

Still kinda wild

https://x.com/drewmagary/status/1706784378506895728?s=20

4 Likes

Nah, they didn’t give up. Rs took the majority on the court in the latest election and they’re exercising their power accordingly. Same as the Ds on the Wisconsin court except nobody cares when Rs do it so we don’t hear as much about it.

I don’t know about that, I mean I think the writing was on the wall and maybe they didn’t want to set the precedent, but they withdrew their lawsuit. From the article:

The Ohio voting-rights groups that brought forward the challenges moved to dismiss their own lawsuits against the Republican-drawn maps earlier this week, saying the turmoil isn’t in the best interest of Ohio voters. The maps were found to be unconstitutional by the court several times for unfairly favoring Ohio’s GOP.

The state’s highest court, which holds a 4-3 Republican majority, dismissed the cases without comment.

Ah ok, the one I read was less clear on that. Long run it doesn’t matter though. Ohio voters approved a very watered down anti gerrymandering ballot initiative a few years back that actually makes things much worse so they’re fucked anyway. From what I remember it basically lets them redo it every 4 years instead of every 10 because of how they set it up. Mega :harold: shit