GOP Insanity Thread: a bunch of weirdos weirding out

if it weren’t for the very real and catastrophic harm this would cause I’d also be way for this

but if the result is a default no matter what, fuck it, I choose this outcome

In a sane timeline this would be where the establishment republicans sued for peace having secured a truly outstanding negotiating position for their donors.

But no we’re just going to keep going with this until after the oceans boil I guess.

King shit

1 Like

The different parties are lining up on this Speakership showdown. House Democrats position appears unanimous and categorical. No help for McCarthy whatsoever. Every member of the caucus will vote to oust McCarthy.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/dems-make-their-offer-nothing

2 Likes

This is gonna be good. My guess is they keep McCarthy after like 25 rounds of voting.

https://x.com/seancasten/status/1709236902472138921?s=46&t=XGja5BtSraUljl_WWUrIUg

My vote (and the rest of the SPE majority) not looking so good right now.

1 Like

Looks like you might not have even put the right answer in the poll: There will be a vote, but Republicans will save him.

1 Like

It will be enraging. He will cut a deal with some freedom caucus psycho to impeach Kamala Harris or something.

Actually I think one outcome here is that he gets ousted, they fail a bunch of times to pick a replacement, and the Dems have a non-zero chance at pulling the requisite non-crazy Republicans for a power sharing deal with a moderate Speaker. Maybe even a Speaker from outside this House. A retired anti-Trump Republican? A centrist Dem? Like a Charlie Dent type would be reasonable.

Would be hilarious.

Should choose Christie just to send Trump lawnmower into orbit

2 Likes

I thought about that too, it would be hilarious but I doubt Christie would accept.

So he’s getting removed, correct? How do we not end up with a speaker even more in the pocket of Gaetz and all?

Don’t make any big travel plans for Xmas. Certainly no national parks.

1 Like

Bahahahaha, 11 Rs join all Ds in a vote to continue down the removal path (rejecting a motion to table all this stuff)

3 Likes

Lol Nancy Mace. She would eat her own shit for 10 seconds on Fox News.

1 Like

Noted media darling for being a “moderate” going full Elmo let it burn on McCarthy.

:popcorn:

Once he’s removed as Speaker, it would be hilarious if McCarthy just refused to vote for any other candidate. Then the GOP would have an even narrower margin to get someone.

They’re voting to oust McCarthy now, where can I find a tracker for this?

we’re totally defaulting lol

Government shutdown is not equivalent to a default.