GOP Insanity Thread: a bunch of weirdos weirding out

lol this is the kind of petty drama I need in my life.

1 Like

(context: this is an Iowa state bill)

Looks like the GOP going woke trying to make a bunch of vegans

2 Likes

Iā€™m going to have to comparison shop when I go to the store today because Iā€™m fairly sure the ā€œno white grainsā€ one forces people to buy more expensive foods.

No American cheese though, why do these lawmakers hate America?

1 Like

They probably think weā€™re still giving out government cheese and they can just make do with that.

Whole wheat pasta is barely even a thing where I live. I only know it exists because at the start of the pandemic the whole wheat pasta was the only stuff on the shelf in the pasta section.

ofc whole grain bread is going to be cheaper than Wonder Bread.

Also, no baked beans? As in, you can only buy dried beans? Fuck, those things take forever to cook.

This is actually the best political response, but add ā€œand Iowa dairy farmersā€ on the end.

I donā€™t think it will tbh. Wonderbread is cheap af

Thatā€™s a typo, obv Wonderbread is cheap at.

Iā€™ve been having trouble getting whole wheat pasta lately. Itā€™s always sold out on store shelves around me. Not sure why that is.

My wife bought it all for us to eat instead of the good stuff

:harold:

5 Likes

Usual Suspects is one of my favorites, but I saw it long before I learned the lead actor and the director were both sexual criminals.

lol imagine creating & proudly putting this out because you think it makes your decision look better (this guy is the state education commissioner)

FLORIDA

Hot take: Whole wheat pasta is better than white flour pasta.

sometimes

whole wheat is bad for spaghetti/linguine/fettuccine and also for lasagna but good for rigatoni/fusili/penne

This makes sense. I use it when I make baked ziti (really baked penne).

Gee, what problem could they POSSIBLY have with Toni Morrison?

I like whole wheat bread and brown rice, but to me whole wheat pasta has too strong of a taste.

Thereā€™s one really weird recipe I do thatā€™s whole wheat spaghetti, white wine, onion, and anchovy. Sounds weird as hell but it works.