GOP Insanity Thread: a bunch of weirdos weirding out

I think it was theater at some point but a lot of the people being voted into office now now truly and completely believe the crazy things. Their right wing media and social media has concocted this cocoon of alternate reality in which they can live and never actually be confronted with how their perspective differs from truth. They just accept it all and think anyone is crazy to not believe the lies because they’re surrounded by it 24/7. For them, the evidence is everywhere and overwhelming.

Is it possible he doesn’t know who she is? Oy.

Can’t imagine flying the MAGA freak flag on LinkedIn ever goes well.

House Republican leadership are all coming out against ejecting Santos. Not shocking I guess, but I can’t believe this turd is going to survive removal again.

Nah, Chappelle is done, he’s been infected with whatever brainworm ruined JK Rowling. “There are tooooooooooo genderssssssss,” just groundbreaking stuff from a world-class comedian.

somehow I doubt Chappelle is a feminist TERF or whatever that branch of feminism is that rowling subscribes to

I stand corrected. Leadership all voted to save him but it wasn’t enough.

There is unfortunately a lot of money to be made as a comedian right now by appealing to the MAGA crowd. Hard to know who has really been infected by the brain worms and who is just in it for the grift. Not that either is an excuse.

https://x.com/UrsulaPerano/status/1730619248362361014?s=20

Didn’t follow this story closely but Republican leadership deciding to back him and still losing is just :leolol:

3 Likes

Good riddance to one of the biggest scam artists to ever grace the halls of congress…this year. I’m sure he’ll find a cushy grift by Monday.

diva down is pretty funny rn

https://twitter.com/search?q="DIVA%20DOWN"&src=trend_click&vertical=trends

I’m shocked that they did this.

Chapelle could just print all the money he needs doing regular stand-up, he doesn’t need to pander to Boomers. I think the anti-trans stuff is authentic Dave.

They. Boebert and Luna.

He just kept doubling down on the anti-trans rhetoric, so I think he’s just off the deep end. Given the amount of money he turned down to keep doing his own show… I think he’s pretty straight forward.

lol it’s so funny the stuff we can now attribute to the Republican Speaker of the House

https://x.com/jaredlholt/status/1730577956685107431

Written by Scott McKay, a local Louisiana politics blogger, the book, “The Revivalist Manifesto,” gives credence to unfounded conspiracy theories often embraced by the far-right – including the “Pizzagate” hoax, which falsely claimed top Democratic officials were involved in a pedophile ring, among other conspiracies.

What’s even more incredible about this is that the study is already tilted to the right, as the freedom to get an abortion or the freedom to be LGBTQ aren’t even considered.

Lol top 5 and 12 of the top 15 are blue states.

But the deceptive part is that filtered for personal freedom. When you add back in economic freedom, which really means the freedom to be rich and not pay taxes, and to run business without regulation, Texas and other red states shoot to the top.