GOP Insanity Thread: a bunch of weirdos weirding out

But also they’re the Party of Lincoln and it was actually those damn Democrats who supported slavery during the Civil War.

2 Likes

Nikki Haley today, “OF COURSE the Civil War was about slavery. We all know that!”

Also it was a gotcha question from a Democrat plant so it doesn’t count.

1 Like

I mean it for sure was, and well done by the Biden campaign imo.

5 Likes

When you’re getting dunked on by Ron DeSantis, it’s not going well for you.

https://twitter.com/DeSantisWarRoom/status/1740434250527089058

He’s a first hand expert on hilariously underbaked candidates propped up the corporate media. Also good for him being his authentic self if there’s anything people love it’s a tattle tale.

1 Like

Ironically, South Carolina’s declaration of secession was perhaps the most explicit that it was, in fact, about slavery.

We affirm that these ends for which this Government was instituted have been defeated, and the Government itself has been made destructive of them by the action of the non-slaveholding States. Those States have assume the right of deciding upon the propriety of our domestic institutions; and have denied the rights of property established in fifteen of the States and recognized by the Constitution; they have denounced as sinful the institution of slavery; they have permitted open establishment among them of societies, whose avowed object is to disturb the peace and to eloign the property of the citizens of other States. They have encouraged and assisted thousands of our slaves to leave their homes; and those who remain, have been incited by emissaries, books and pictures to servile insurrection.

For twenty-five years this agitation has been steadily increasing, until it has now secured to its aid the power of the common Government. Observing the forms of the Constitution, a sectional party has found within that Article establishing the Executive Department, the means of subverting the Constitution itself. A geographical line has been drawn across the Union, and all the States north of that line have united in the election of a man to the high office of President of the United States, whose opinions and purposes are hostile to slavery. He is to be entrusted with the administration of the common Government, because he has declared that that “Government cannot endure permanently half slave, half free,” and that the public mind must rest in the belief that slavery is in the course of ultimate extinction.

Side note: I’m sad that the excellent word “eloign” is now considered archaic:

eloin. / (ɪˈlɔɪn) / verb. (tr) archaic to remove (oneself, one’s property, etc) to a distant place.

1 Like

Like father…

like son…

https://x.com/evamckend/status/1740531121815707689?s=46

Excuse me, but he tried to get his last VP killed. Literally. What are thinking there Nikki?

She’s thinking that she wants power and wealth and would do literally anything to get some.

1 Like

Seeing GOP governors occasionally make decisions actually for the benefit of residents of their state just amplifies how fucking out there R legislators are these days

https://www.cnn.com/politics/ohio-dewine-transgender-house-bill-68/index.html

“Parents have looked me in the eye and told me but for this treatment, their child would be dead,” DeWine said at a news conference.

People who have transitioned told him “they are thriving today because of that transition,” he said.

For transgender minors and their families in Ohio, “the consequences of this bill could not be more profound,” he said. “Ultimately, I believe this is about protecting human life.”

1 Like

it’s somewhat encouraging, because stuff like this shows that transphobia isn’t a winning issue (dewine has to win statewide, he can’t depend on a gerrmander), there’s still some hope for humanity. This is 100% a result of how the GOP has let the extreme fringe drive its primaries and put the most unhinged dipshits into office.

1 Like

It’s a damn near lock that someone close to him, someone he loves and cares about, is trans. Only way I can make sense of him doing the right thing here.

3 Likes

The moderate strikes again

https://x.com/axios/status/1740921413333106927?s=46&t=XGja5BtSraUljl_WWUrIUg

“If he is found guilty, a leader needs to think about what’s in the best interest of the country,” she added. “What’s in the best interest of the country is not to have an 80-year-old man sitting in jail that continues to divide our country.”

Yes, much better to have the divisive guy roaming free.

“What’s in the best interest of the country would be to pardon him so that we can move on as a country and no longer talk about him,” Haley said.

Right, cause I’m sure he’ll pinky swear to shut the fuck up in exchange for the pardon, and Donald John Trump is nothing if not a man of his word.

1 Like

Nimrata is a Chappelle skit

https://x.com/mehdirhasan/status/1741182476796453015?s=46&t=XGja5BtSraUljl_WWUrIUg

Figured that she’d start getting attacked on her race and real name if at any point she posed any threat to win the GOP nomination… I didn’t think Mother Jones would fire the first shot though, lol… Pretty impressive that by lying about her race she’s gonna manage to take shots from both sides on this one.

Unless “Indian-American” was a choice (and back in 2001 I’m going to bet it wasn’t,) “Caucasian” or “White” was probably the correct answer.

lol no, “other”

And come on man her name is Nimrata and she goes by Nikki and supports the confederacy