Invasion of Ukraine: Why Doesn't Russia Concede Kursk and Negotiate Peace?

Heck of a time/place for what looks like a pretty substantial meteor to show up in Kyiv

2 Likes
1 Like

How do you bomb the wrong city in 2023? This is the kind of thing that happened in WWII when dudes were flying bombers around at night with paper maps.

Well, Russia is back to using WWII era equipment because all their newer stuff has been blown up or broken down, so I guess this makes sense.

apparently a second bomb also dropped but didn’t expllde.

1 Like

One explanation I saw suggested it could be that these were glide bombs that failed to deploy their glidy bits and so fell straight to earth, if that was the case you’d think they pick less populated release points for the next bunch…

1 Like

they were gliding bombs, as russia quickly developed and started deployed those. but there’s little indication they were armed. the detonated one took 10 seconds. the other didn’t. usually means pilot didn’t intend to release it.

1 Like

That article makes no real arguments why Bakhmut needs to be defended

Why can’t the same thing be done a few kilometers to the West?

1 Like

So in the last week…

Russia dropped two bombs on itself, but one failed to explode.

Russian troops and Russian mercenaries are shooting at each other over who’s fault their failure is.

Ukraine is advancing in southern Ukraine.

:vince2:

1 Like

that’s weird, tucker said russia is winning

been reading a lot of assessments that counteroffensive is delayed due to weather. normally rasputitsa is drying up by now, but this year has been quite rainy in ukraine, and zaluzhnyj wouldn’t want to fight the climate as well as the enemy. still there is evidence that ukraine is already poking in many different places, because ru current weakness that they are spread very thin, and successful defense would constitute some communication between different fronts, reallocating resources. possibly russia would need a logistical miracle.

Odds the Crimea thing is entirely a feint to get RU to move defense there while Ukraine then pushes Russia out of the rest of the country?

i don’t know. i think a multi pronged attack has better chances than one direction, simply because coordination is not ru’s strong suit. but that entirely depends on how big the UA counteroffensive force will end up being. maybe it just doesn’t make sense to split the force into separate efforts, or it could mean greater casualties. on the other hand, zaluzhnyj conduct is nothing if not opportunistic. in many ways, they are still fighting because they took every available opportunity to take out armor and vehicles, ammo depots, and supply routes (as far as the Kerch bridge).