Invasion of Ukraine: Why Doesn't Russia Concede Kursk and Negotiate Peace?

If the incoming missiles were on terminal guidance and hit by a patriot missile all that hypersonic crap has to land somewhere, it just won’t explode any more. It could have landed on any of the vehicles that make up a Patriot battery and damaged or destroyed it without destroying the entire patriot battery.

If the missile came close enough for the debris to damage the Patriot battery then it already got a bit too close for comfort

Seems like lot of possibilities

A drone snuck through? Shrapnel from something that was shot down maybe even by a different system than the patriot? Pieces of Ukrainian air defense missiles landing there? Some sort of misfire that damaged it?

Probably, but there is a difference between getting hit with a bunch fast moving junk that used to be a missile and 480kg of high explosives. Maybe not to the people at ground zero though…

the missile barrage is usually accompanied by a swarm of shaheed drones, to confuse Patriot/Iris even further.

even if the missile was hit, it could still explode either while falling, or after touchdown. if it broke apart, veered off, or exploded in mid-air, patriot may still decide to intercept it again, either as a miss, or as a new target.

Hersh is getting fed Russian prop and too dumb/old to realize it

lol, how do you take this guy seriously when he drops pearls like “glow of its success at stalingrad”. literally one of the worst human disasters of all time

1 Like

“GoPro unfiltered: the elimination of the russian vdv troops in the trenches near Bakhmut”

(not graphic)

If true, this is a great success. Russia has been very careful with their T-90s and only 61 of them were confirmed to be lost in Ukraine so far. This would be 7-8 in one strike.

2 Likes

With all the announcements today about Ukraine going to get F16s makes me wonder if there going to be a push by the relevant countries to get Ukraine to agree some sort negotiated end to fighting in next 6 months with modernizing their Air Force as part of a security guarantee

I don’t see that as likely, especially if the announced Ukrainian counteroffensive shows promising results.

1 Like

Yeah I certainly wouldn’t think they would try to pressure Ukraine before that but gotta wonder if lot of the world will feel like they going to give Ukraine one season to do what they can and want this over by winter. This obviously complete conjecture on my part

Wait, so Ukraine is losing in Bakhmut now? I thought they were winning. I feel like I’ve lost the thread somewhere.

1 Like

Think they made some gains on the outskirts where Russia has already pushed past the city but being pushed out of the actual city. I imagine possible they intentionally made those gains to more safely control roads to pull back from the center more safely but that’s speculative from

1 Like

There was some copium the last few days that they’ve taken back some infinitesimal amount of ground at the outskirts, but meh this setback seems semi legit atm.

So far this entire war every time some news comes out that is good for the Russians it promptly either goes to shit for them or was false to begin with. Every time it looks like the Ukrainians are in a bad way it later turns out that was one of the ways it could go that was basically fine for them.

Let’s not freak out is what I’m getting at. I’m sure the Russians will still be conclusively losing the war when the smoke clears.

Also based on recent pics the city seems like it’s literally a pile of rubble. Find it pretty hard to believe it’s of any real significance if you control the pile of rubble or a mile away?