Israel Palestine Conflict 2023

definitely seen more security around local synagogues, this feels like one of those “abundance of caution” things, my sense is that all of the attacks on US synagogues/temples etc have been from regular old home-grown nazis, not hamas-sympathizers, but definitely possible I’ve missed something

https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/status/1712823929419551055

https://twitter.com/rulesbasedworld/status/1712824854385197533

Video version. I watched, the quote is accurate.
The civilians are not innocent is an opinion that leads to the worst outcomes.

2 Likes

holy shit man if anyone tried to say that joe random israeli citizen walking around was responsible for the apartheid of the regime and therefore fair game, I can’t even guess how that would be received

5 Likes

Kinda reminds me of right before the Ukraine invasion where putin was giving every indication by his words and actions that he was ready to invade and everyone was like “no he’s not gonna do that”

1 Like

The IDF denies this ^, which is a stronger reaction than most things where they’re like “:person_shrugging: no comment”:

Lol:

What is even going on at border between Israel-Lebanon? Seems like both sides kinda just casually fighting a little bit without being in a full on war? Seems pretty unsustainable

They have been doing this on and off for decades. Hezbollah controls southern Lebanon.

Hezbollah doesn’t seem to want to escalate right now. It seems that even they realized Hamas fucked up here and went to far and they don’t want to be obliterated. If Israel ground invades Gaza though Hezbollah might jump in because of their kind of sort of alliance.

Completely impossible to get reliable info about Lebanon right now from Twitter. Doesn’t seem like a full on war yet, maybe just occasional shellings and missile warnings.

So Israel demands evacuation then murders civilians trying to evacuate. JFC

Great article:

1 Like

A couple weeks ago, this happened:

My glib reaction was, “equality? in this economy?” Like, play-acting at allyship to disadvantaged groups is something we as a society are…well not good, but okay at, as long as the in-group is well fed and has their needs taken care of first. But with all the layoffs in tech over the last year, now we get this.

Anyway, with that in mind:

And this report of an internal Slack conversation is wild, just imagine this being part of your work day:

1 Like

So Israel has used white phosphorus, ordered a hospital in Gaza to evacuate, we’re four days into the total siege, and they are issuing statements dehumanizing and blaming civilians in Gaza and promising this is just the beginning.

And obviously Hamas are monsters, but so is Bibi. So it’s just going to be tens of thousands of civilians suffering, caught in between horrible leaders.

And we’ve seen some propaganda coming out that would make a lot of people ok with leveling Gaza, and very few people are asking any questions about credibility. Maybe it’s true, maybe it’s WMDs all over again.

Gaza will still be there to level in another week or two, this seems like the obvious time to call on Israel to pause… But obviously no leaders in power will do that.

The goal should be to remove Hamas from power with as little civilian suffering as possible, and it would be reasonable to put together a coalition. But that’s not what seems to be about to happen.

It’s even worse than you think:

It’s going to be a while before the media even has access to what’s happening on the ground in Gaza City, the long term effects of infrastructure destruction is going to be horrifying. Like, entire towns might disappear.

Yeah I fear the worst, this coverage reminds me a lot of WMDs in Iraq.

The American coverage is comparable to 9/11 and WMDs, sounds like what is going on in Israel is on an a whole other level. Avenging the Holocaust, JFC.

1 Like