Israel Palestine Conflict 2023

anytime I’m confronted with a difficult decision as a consequence of my own actions, the only reasonable choice is to do a genocide

5 Likes

I think the most advanced military in the Middle East backed by the most powerful military in history can manage to defeat an enemy confined to 140 square miles without resorting to deliberately starving children.

3 Likes

https://x.com/alanrmacleod/status/1712501085645033742?s=46&t=mdG4vqCfpbP4Xp4esdQ98A

1 Like

No way the regime committing a crime against humanity in apartheid would starve people though

people claiming it’s up to 500 dead kids now

i wonder how many it will require to win the internet argument

It’s only ~100 kids a day. In 3 months that won’t even total up to 10,000 dead kids.

1 Like

https://x.com/populismupdates/status/1712530026791579933?s=46&t=XGja5BtSraUljl_WWUrIUg

This is just going to push bibi to max out the response, it’s the only chance he has to hang on

1 Like

I think we’re still much closer to the “hey we’re not sending in lunch till you bank robbers release the hostages” than we are to “hey, we’re starving you all to death.” But I guess we will see.

1 Like

A post that painted Islam with a very broad brush was deleted. There is no need for further discussion, the author of that post voluntarily rewrote it.

The complete brainwashing of the American public by the media re: Israel is actually remarkable. So many people that claim they would have been against the war in Iraq openly cheering on the indiscriminate annihilation of civilians in an open air prison. And it’s a totally standard position that’s truly bipartisan.

Simple things like, residents of Gaza die. Israelis are killed / murdered. Images of leveled city blocks (in Gaza) framed as terror attacks on Israel. To things like, basically everyone else in the world, including the UN, calls the occupation a crime against humanity: apartheid. I haven’t seen those words anywhere in American media.

4 Likes

It’s a contest here to see which corporate puppet can run to the mic fastest and pledge the most support for Israel. If you don’t run fast enough or pledge hard enough you’re a target. If you don’t run or pledge at all you’re the bad T word.

1 Like

I mean the level of discourse online basically boils down to emotional arguments that look and sound like this

while anyone pointing out the long history of israeli displacement and aggression towards palestinians is immediately supporting the rape and beheadings of children. not easy to have a nuanced discussion when those are the sides, but I’d like to reserve the right to call someone a shitbag for advocating genocide, if I could - if the powers that be allow it.

3 Likes

Target? :harold:

lol:

This is a country that is run by deeply unserious people, and I’m saying that as an American

1 Like

Not all people starving and dying right now are holding any hostages.

One of my wife’s clients (law firms) is closing their NYC office today. That particular firm is known as a “Jewish” firm.

There was something going around mom’s groups in LA today about keeping Jewish kids home from school, but I have not researched the origin. Both my kids are very much in the minority at their respective schools, but I’m choosing not to worry.

‘The Onion’ Stands With Israel Because It Seems Like You Get In Less Trouble For That

6 Likes