Israel Palestine Conflict 2023

Yeah this obviously also goes for the government of Israel. Generally speaking in the ‘battle’ between a terrorist group and a group of war criminals there isn’t a whole lot of honesty to be had, and what truth is told will inevitably be riddled with really egregious lies of omission.

I generally take the Israelis at their word when they’re promising to commit war crimes, but yeah, other than that, I’m with you.

4 Likes

:thinking:

1 Like

You all genuinely feel like Hamas and Israeli government are equally unreliable in reporting deaths of their citizens?

Like if you had to bet you wouldn’t put your money on the number of Israelis reported killed in Israel during the attack as being closer by % to the true number compared to Hamas reports of Gaza fatalities? Don’t think even Iran is questioning the Israeli numbers but seems quite a few countries and journalists questioning Hamas reporting

1 Like

Israeli government does have some accountability to elections and the press. Hamas has none.

Bottom line, for world has pitted two unfavored groups against each other on the same stretch of land, and then has focused on funding the most hawkish leaders/groups to ensure the people’s remain locked in battle.

1 Like

One. the Gaza health ministry is not Hamas. That’s an absurd statement on its face and idk why people keep repeating it

Two, they’re publishing detailed info on the victims, they have no reason to do this if it’s fabricated because it will be easily debunked.

three, the WHO finds these numbers reliable, both historically and now:

The numbers are largely in line with the death rate we’ve observed since the beginning of the conflict.

1 Like

Is that true? I’m almost certain have seen numerous journalists say it is Hamas controlled? I stand corrected if that not true.

ETA you link says Hamas controls it?

“ Yet the Gaza-based Ministry of Health — an agency in the Hamas-controlled government— continues to tally casualty numbers”

Hamas is literally the (elected, although they haven’t had elections in a while) government of Gaza.

Right that’s my point, I thought he was claiming the health ministry was somehow independent

1 Like

UN also finds them credible

All this was a side tangent to the question

So getting to my actual question was are these death tolls including their military casualties or they keeping those secret like Ukraine

Yes it is. Doctors aren’t fucking super heroes that will contradict what a murderous fascist regime will say.

That literally does not make them hamas, no more than it makes me a fascist for living in the fascist USA

Not hamas, just mudered if they contradict Hamas is not really the great point you think it is.

Like it doesnt even matter really. say it’s an order of magnitude off (it isn’t). But say it is. that’s still far too many dead kids and war crimes. complete straw man argument meant to downplay the ongoing genocide perpetrated by IDF.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/haaretzcom/status/1719013793844658389

non-paywall link

As first reported by Israel’s Hebrew-language Local Call website, the option of settling Gaza’s population in northern Sinai includes a buffer zone of several kilometers that would prevent Gazans from approaching the Israeli border.

The (plausible) response of the government here is that this is just one of many options, much like you’d expect the CIA to be full of documents planning various future options & outcomes of things. But, much like when you hand a bunch of assault rifles to West Bank settlers, I wonder if the existence of this plan being public would make the right-wing Israeli public thirsty to use it.

2 Likes

it was just slow pony stuff, not nazi stuff

1 Like

Wouldn’t they have to go to war with Egypt and capture that territory, “relocate” the residents and then give the land back to Egypt?