LOL Democrats: Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory

I also don’t know why people think “it’s just the flu” makes it seem less bad. The flu is really fucking bad and kills a ton of people each year! I don’t want the flu either!

3 Likes

The flu kicks my ass every time I get it. In 2018 it led to pneumonia and I nearly needed to be hospitalized. Wasn’t right for months after that. The problem with “it’s just the flu” is definitely that people do not take the flu seriously enough, as far as I’m concerned.

3 Likes

Great points, and I suspect that there is a “long flu” and “long cold” and we just don’t really know it. The risk of it is probably lower than long COVID, maybe in the 0.25% to 0.75% range would be my wild guess.

Probably gets grouped into chronic fatigue and/or stuff we think is a stand alone condition.

There is long everything and we have known that “forever”. Historically we have named the conditions based on what specifically happened to an organ and not by what specific virus caused it.

That makes sense as you wouldn’t really expect it to impact management years down the road if someone bundle branch block was caused by adenovirus or Coxsackie virus as the damage is done and virus long gone. Also historically it’s been hard to know precisely what virus someone has which obviously changing now

I don’t think the vast majority of people know that, but it makes sense.

Bye, Felicia!!!

4 Likes

When I was a kid I feel like “the flu” was just sort of a general euphemism for being sick, really anything involving nausea or vomiting or whatever. Sometimes called a “24 hour bug” or something similar. It never lasted long and was never considered very serious. I don’t know if this was a regional thing, or something from the 70s, or maybe just my dumb family.

I never knew until I was much older that “the flu” is the same as influenza, a specific disease caused by a specific pathogen and can be serious or even deadly.

Makes me wonder if some of the “it’s just the flu” people are coming from this background.

4 Likes

Yeah if someone tells you they stayed home with the flu yesterday they had a cold or 24hr GI virus, if they tell you it feels like my bones are breaking and I might call 911 they have the flu

3 Likes

LMAO this would be the most eDems thing ever.

https://twitter.com/RG_SargeXB/status/1766611891584164216?t=DeQYmzGvtjovBnX9_vmwSQ&s=19

Imagine it now… Biden cruises to victory alongside Haley and then dies in 2027… Haley nominates someone like Jeff Flake or Mitt Romney as VP. A few months later, Sotomayor dies and Haley puts another Heritage Foundation lunatic on SCOTUS.

Haley being not Trump and not Biden gets her the two full terms since Joe made it halfway on his term, so Kagan gets into her 70s and bites it and we get an 8-1 SCOTUS.

Bill Maher, what a fucking dipshit.

3 Likes

fancy play syndrome of the highest order

1 Like

He’s so fucking dumb

That’s too dumb an idea even for eDems (and I realize what kind of ground that covers).

1 Like

Louis DeJoy has collected over $1,000,000 in salary while Biden has been president.

lol I thought she had said this today and my lawnmower was about to go into orbit

3 Likes

https://x.com/HillaryClinton/status/1770075033693491242?s=20

1 Like

Man, the alternate reality where Biden’s son doesn’t die, he runs in ‘16, beats Clinton, and beats Trump is kind of wild.

1 Like

I was pondering this, I wonder if there would have been a straight up guns shooting civil war when Covid lockdowns started if a D was president.

Really depends on whether the GOP doubles down on Trumpism if he loses, or goes back to the Jeb and Romney types. Pretty good chance Biden would be a one term president in that timeline, and we’d currently have like Haley/Rubio/Romney, with HRC challenging them and losing this year.

To me the wild timeline is the one HRC holds off Obama or he waits to run, she loses to McCain, and we get McCain followed by Obama.

McCain was probably always losing in ‘08, that was going to be a dem wave no matter what given the economy, Bush, etc. HRC just wins by a lot less than Obama. She loses in ‘12 to Romney.

1 Like