ELECTIONS Thread: Menendez May Run Indy in NJ

So we’re basically into the general campaign now, should we do a separate Biden/Trump thread and then a catch-all for everything else? Or keep it all in one?

would think trump/biden stuff should be separate

2 Likes

The trump bot needs his own thread separate from the Biden stuff.

No Labels WILL be running a third party candidate, but it’s going to be a low profile candidate: Geoff Duncan, the former Republican LtGov of Georgia. Joe Lieberman told a host on Sirius, apparently.

This barely made news (Is it i this thread somewhere?) but Sinema isn’t running:

2 Likes

Different thread:

Menendez is possibly going to try to play spoiler in NJ. GJGE backing this dipshit until the last possible second eDems, you fucking corrupt clowns.

I mean, I’d be a little worried if this was like Virginia or the Midwest, but NJ? I’m not that worried.

In 2020 Booker won NJ by 17 points and in 2018 Menendez won by 16 points? Are we really worried that indicted menendez pulls 16 points (all from the democrat) to throw it to a republican?

He probably just looking for another bribe lol

It’s been a 10-12 point race a few times in non-presidential election years. It’s probably going to be safe, but I’d worry if the GOP manages to nominate someone not crazy. I could see Menendez getting 10%+.

I assume it’s just so he can fund raise so donors can pay his legal bills. Not ideal for D chances of holding the seat but probably not fatal either.

1 Like

Nobody’s falling for that shit in New Jersey, arguably the most educated state in the nation.

1 Like

0% concerned about Bob running as an independent. He won’t win. He won’t siphon off many D votes. I’m guessing at the end of the day he doesn’t even try.

He’s going to pull like 3 percent.

That’s a good point. If he’s just doing it to “fundraise” then he may not campaign at all.

The former elections director for a rural Arizona county who resigned last year because of a flap over the hand-counting of ballots has been elevated to a top electoral post for the state.

In an age where news—and especially elections news—is almost uniformly bad, I initially thought this was terrible and inexplicable given that the current Sec. of State is a democrat.

However, it actually seems like a win for election integrity. This woman stood up to the RWNJs and refused to participate in a bogus and illegal hand-counting scheme.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/obamaatredrobin/status/1769892907602128926

1 Like

I am here for any red state passing a constitutional amendment protecting abortion by ballot box.

Bonus points if it swings senate/house seats as a by-product.

Of course we will then watch the legislature try an end around (see Ohio, assholes)

lol Ohio GOP just nominated a guy who got caught trolling for gay sex online (heavily anti-gay obviously) probably still hopeless though