LOL Democrats: Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory

So Democrats are about to save Speaker Mike Johnson, after rumblings there might be some Republicans ready to vote for Jeffries? eDems forever and always gonna eDem lol…

Johnson probably let the Ukraine deal go through because it was the right thing to do… and also because Ds agreed to protect him from the lunatics for the rest of the term.

Seems fine, imo. We had been fucking around on Ukraine too long and were perilously close to finding out.

True, but it’s still safer to have a Dem speaker and having a trifecta gives them a chance to do something popular before the election. My guess is that’s why they don’t want it.

No way Ukraine wasn’t part of a secret deal to save him. Snap-call on Ukraine for that.

1 Like

Yeah, seems like the perfect time to ratfuck him though.

2 Likes

how are they getting a Dem speaker

Even if you get a few Rs to somehow vote for a D Speaker in this scenario I don’t think that means they’re also magically going to vote for things Ds want in general.

1 Like

I really hope Marge actually gets it to a vote. Actual on-record collaboration with dems is going to asplode some heads and I’m here for it.

There was some reporting that some of the retiring moderate Rs were so sick of the Freedom Caucus that if they removed Johnson they’d vote for Jeffries.

From what I read the Ds have agreed to vote to table the motion but if it gets past that somehow they haven’t agreed to actually vote to save him in the removal vote.

Dems already got everything they want or need from Johnson. Zero reason to save him now.

A) they have an obsession with keeping their word even though the GOP will absolutely fuck them any chance they get

B) not sure it even matters now, MTG and her crew have already been kneecapped and are too scarred to bring the privledged motion to vacate

yeah I had forgotten about that, but the problem with this is that the mere threat of doing this cut the chaos caucus off. And of course when the chips are down we don’t know what they would actually do.

I think we have a pretty good idea.

3 Likes

Yeah, there was a whole lot of theatre to get Ukraine passed, but that’s what all of this was. Dems got probably the best possible outcome. There was no way they were getting Jeffries as speaker without the majority.

it’s kind of insane that MTG folded, there’s basically zero chance those GOP reps were actually going to follow through with that threat, just totally got cucked by a bluff.

The cosplay is insulting at this point. Working class hoodie guys actually do know how to dress up for formal occasions. Also, your wife is putting some effort into dressing nicely, maybe you should too, bro?

1 Like

No it’s not for so many reasons. The public is largely pro Israel, and doesn’t care generally compared to other issues. This election won’t be decided by if leftists will show up, it will be won by convincing moderates

Didn’t Schumer just do a speech calling on Netanyahu to resign / get removed?