LOL Democrats: Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory

What the hell happened to this guy?

https://x.com/mehdirhasan/status/1799898946430435663

1 Like

I donā€™t know any the details on him or his stroke but one explanation is that quite literally part of his brain died and that changed his personality and disinhibited his more ā€œprimitiveā€ instincts to show themselves.

Or could be the standard fame/power/quasi or full on bribery that hits most senators

Heā€™s always been bad on this issue, and I havenā€™t seen any evidence that heā€™s gotten bad on other issues so far. I think itā€™s just that this issue has become extremely timely and important, casting a spotlight on his position.

:vince1:

Heā€™s also in a more conservative state than many Democrats. I donā€™t know how this specific issue polls in PA, but Fetterman and his team are probably pretty good at tapping into the perspective of your average voter from western PA

He may also want to brand himself a McCain type of ā€œmaverickā€ within the Dem party for future national ambitions

Or it could be the stroke literally changing his brain as LFS postd

Ffs itā€™s not a stroke he hasnā€™t changed positions some of yā€™all just donā€™t pay attention

This is who this guy always was.

Online liberals love purity testing their vulnerable members while forgetting theyā€™re a coalition of interests.

1 Like

https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/25/politics/george-latimer-jamaal-bowman-new-york-16-primary/index.html

I donā€™t think there is any real takeaway from this except that Bowman was a clown. The fire alarm incident and subsequent ā€œexplanationā€ was really stupid.

Bowman was significantly trailing lattimer before the AIPAC money showed up.

Like I said, heā€™s a clown. He was like the Boebert of the left except the left primary voters actually care about that shit.

yeah he barely won his primary in 2022, he was definitely super vulnerable. AIPAC spent the money here more as a warning to others.

What makes him a clown? Boebert of the left is a pretty extreme comparison for a guy who, as far as I know, never did much other than show up and be progressive.

1 Like

Bowman might not be as dumb and crazy as Boebert but if if any of this is accurate thatā€™s immediately disqualifying:

https://x.com/KareemRifai/status/1805727136688513240

Yeah if thatā€™s true itā€™s disqualifying, and very disappointing.

1 Like

The fire alarm incident alone coupled with his really dumb explanation for it are enough to make him a clown. Yes, I agree, thereā€™s no equivalence between him and a Boebert as far as abominable political views, but that fire alarm thing and his lies about why he did it were dumb. I certainly would be upset if he lost to a republican, but Iā€™m not going to be upset that he lost a primary.

Edit: And to be clear, if after the fire alarm incident he had just owned it and said ā€œbecause fuck you thatā€™s why,ā€ Iā€™d have respected him a lot more. Instead he made up some bullshit and thought voters were dumb enough to believe it.

If I recall correctly the GOP was jamming some bill through without time to read it and he did it to give Dems time to read it. Some even praised him for it!

Did you change your mind just because he didnā€™t own it after? I canā€™t blame him for that, once the GOP tried to get him like real deal consequences for it I think he was wise to go full CYA mode.

Also wouldnā€™t be shocked if eDems encouraged the whole thing then hung him out to dry.

Correct. And if he had been like ā€œFuck yeah, thatā€™s what I did, because fuck you thatā€™s whyā€ I think he would then not have been a clown.

Yes, I changed my mind after he came up with that ridiculous explanation. He ended up pleading guilty to something so Iā€™m not sure what consequences he actually avoided.

He got a 3 month deferred sentence and a $1K fine, he was facing six months and I donā€™t know how much of a fine and the GOP was talking about trying to expel him from Congress, and that stopped when he gave the BS explanation and cut a deal.