LOL Democrats: Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory

There’s voluntary and then there’s voluntary. The exact procedures vary way more state to state than you’d think.

5150 is a California thing, and based on what fetterman has said, he’d 100% be on one out here.

what has he said?

and yes thats why i said 51-50 or something like that, I dont know what it’s called there

No senator is getting involuntarily sent to a mental health facility lol. Feinstein is literally dying of Alzheimer’s in front of everyone and there isn’t anything anyone can do about it.

The normal procedures are for normal people not high level politicians or the extremely well off.

1 Like

Fucking hell. I know we don’t get any national coverage (despite being the 8th largest city in the US, etc) but here we go…this corruption is from the “young progressive” wing of the party, btw. Just as corrupt as the old white men we decry.

These are all people I know and/or have worked with (from tangentially to actual campaign jobs) in the past, and it makes me feel dirty as fuck just knowing who they are. And I had nothing to do with any of this!

Anyone have any advice on staging a coup?

3 Likes

At least @skydiver8 can be happy this isn’t her state :harold:

non-paywall link

Few New Yorkers cared, until late 2022, that the statewide Democratic apparatus operated, for the most part, as a hollowed-out appendage of the governor, a second campaign account that did little, if any, work in terms of messaging and turnout. New Hampshire, a state with roughly half the population of Queens, has a Democratic Party with 16 full-time paid staff members. New York’s has four, according to the state chairman, Jay Jacobs. One helps maintain social media accounts that update only sparingly. Most state committee members have no idea where the party keeps its headquarters, or if it even has one. (It does, at 50 Broadway in Manhattan.)

Elsewhere in the country, state Democratic parties are much more robust than they are in New York. In Wisconsin, under the leadership of 42-year-old Ben Wikler, the party offered crucial organizing muscle in Gov. Tony Evers’s re-election win, staving off a Republican statewide sweep. The Nevada Democratic Party, despite infighting among moderates and progressives, aided Senator Catherine Cortez Masto’s re-election, investing strongly in rural voter engagement. And in California, the party chair position is publicly contested among multiple candidates, with delegates voting as Democrats traverse the state and make their case in the media.

As for New York, observers across the ideological spectrum agree that the state is entering an unprecedented era, with warring political factions and a glaring power vacuum. Hochul recently became the first governor in New York history to have the State Legislature, controlled by Democrats, vote down her nominee to the state’s highest court.

And this is just perfect (Jacobs is the leader of the NY Democratic Party):

Ah, yes, so unusual for the party machinery to back opponents to incumbents, when those incumbents are…*checks notes* the most left Democrats in the House!

The article goes into more detail about how it’s largely the Cuomos treating Democratic politics in New York as their own cult of personality that left it completely bereft of a party structure.

Right, we always hear all about how the machinery is there to back incumbents whether they’re progressive or centrist, and it has nothing to do with that. Then when they oppose incumbent progressives there’s not a peep to be heard.

1 Like

lol

1 Like

Give :clap: more :clap: people :clap: felony :clap: records

https://twitter.com/RottenInDenmark/status/1631141932499103744

Lawmakers passed a bill making it a Class 3 felony to steal more than $5,000 worth of retail from one or more stores over the course of 90 days. The law received bipartisan support in both chambers and has the full support of Governor Glenn Youngkin.

courts will probably just smack these down anyway

I mean, Americans absofuckinglutely care more about retail theft than shootings. So this is probably pretty popular, I’d imagine.

1 Like

Remember when stable genius and Round Paul got together with Ds and did that sweet criminal justice reform, good times

1 Like

Man to be as good a salesperson as those consultants…

3 Likes

Between him and Sinema, it sounds like the wealthy are angling to recruit a third party candidate to sink Biden. If it’s Trump it could easily throw the election into the House, by making the third party run actually viable. If it’s DeSantis he’s going to crush anyway, but this would help him.

Imagine an election thrown into the House between Biden, Trump, and Manchin. First to 26 Congressional delegations wins. I think Trump wins that?

dems won the alaska seat since 2020. which i think means they have 25 delegations in the house. do senators count?

Senators don’t count. US House delegations are 28-22 GOP, Dems would be drawing dead.

oh i see. confused about the 26 number

lol New Yorkers, amazing work voting for this clown

Eric Adams wants businesses to require people to remove their masks when they enter, ostensibly to fight shoplifting. “We are putting out a clear call to all of our shops: Do not allow people to enter the store without taking off their face mask,” Adams said Monday on 1010 Wins. Once people are inside the store, they can put their mask back on, Adams said, “if they so desire to do so.”

Forget if we’ve had any posts about Congress going apeshit over DC slightly reducing their insane criminal penalties for carjacking, to the point where they’re like “we’re not actually sure if you guys are responsible enough to rule yourselves, better let us do it for you”:

https://twitter.com/mmcauliff/status/1633638248609185792

A good tweet I saw about this a couple days ago was like “if people objecting to the DC crime bill think 40 years is the right amount of time to put someone in prison for carjacking, they should have to say that instead of just saying they oppose reducing the sentence”

https://twitter.com/ChrisMurphyCT/status/1632956252744474625

Imagine being mad that someone could only go to jail for twenty four years. Anyway, that describes 33 Senate Democrats who voted with Republicans.

Looked up who voted against it. Mostly the ones you think. I assume Fetterman is still absent?

Sen. Cory Booker of New Jersey
Sen. Ben Cardin of Maryland
Sen. Dick Durbin of Illinois
Sen. Tammy Duckworth of Illinois
Sen. Mazie Hirono of Hawaii
Sen. Chris Murphy of Connecticut
Sen. Jeff Merkley of Oregon
Sen. Ed Markey of Massachusetts
Sen. Jack Reed of Rhode Island
Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont (independent, but caucuses with Democrats)
Sen. Chris Van Hollen of Maryland
Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts
Sen. Peter Welch of Vermont
Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse of Rhode Island