LolFlorida: Fascist Hellhole

Sometimes wife and I try to theorize what US would be like if 2 parent households all “unionized” and mutually agreed only one parent would work and somehow did this in a gender equitable way. Seems like we would get to live in the same houses it just would be cheaper.

I think it does exist, like you’re somewhat describing Contrapoints and I think there’s other creators doing similar stuff. But it will never have the reach something like PragerU does because liberals do not spend money on propaganda outlets the way conservatives do.

Yeah it’s pretty simple the one with the better career is now the one who makes the money, and the other parent is now the primary parent-- which is a coequal role in the family unit let’s be very clear. Generally the primary parent is also probably handling most of the finances, errands, etc that keeps the family running. It’s a full time job for sure.

The idea that families are supposed to get all of that done and sell 80+ hours of their work a week for $$$ is insane. It’s a recipe for entirely miserable parents or at least mildly neglected kids. It would be a little bit more reasonable on a 4 day workweek schedule, but if your job is so important the 32 hours could never work you should make enough money to have a stay at home spouse.