Middle Eastern Conflagration, Israel, Palestine, Lebanon, Iran

Nah, the OSINT guys been solid throughout the Ukraine conflict. They’re wrong sometimes but they aren’t deliberately putting out bad info.

Edit: Welp, might have been a false alarm. Everyone is a bit jumpy.

https://x.com/sentdefender/status/1712147983297294557?s=20

I have @sentdefender on my Ukraine information list. They have been accused of parroting Russian propaganda by other accounts I follow. I started paying more attention to what they tweet but didn’t notice any tweets I found objectionable.

Bernie Sanders:

5 Likes

Too bad nobody important is going to listen to Bernie. Pretty good summary of a very complex situation, but it’s also notably lacking an actual solution.

Have been thinking that this is a gift to Russia as propaganda in further gaining the support or neutrality of the non-Western world in the Ukraine War. There are meaningful differences in the two conflicts for sure but there are enough similarities to undermine the claim that the US is applying consistent principles. Specifically, hard to justify giving Israel even more weapons to level Gaza with.

Bernie is right.

2 Likes

Listen to what? It’s just hand-wringing over a terrible situation with no apparent solutions. Not that I blame Bernie, but nothing that Bernie wrote adds anything meaningful to the discussion.

I mean he said that we need to insist on going a little easier on the murdering, that’s not nothing.

7 Likes

That Israel and US should support a UN coordinated humanitarian effort for the civilians in Gaza

1 Like

I assume this would be a given.

Uh, I don’t think it’s a given at all, certainly not Israel supporting one. Israel, in fact, is openly confessing to war crimes against civilians in the Gaza strip.

5 Likes

Yeah I am less informed on the conflict than many here, but form what I’ve seen with the rhetoric coming out of Likud, I don’t think they’re taking much pains to differentiate Hamas from the rest of Gaza.

1 Like

In such a tightly packed urban area, especially if the terrorists are not in uniform, I have no idea how the IDF would even know how to differentiate between “enemies who wants to kill you” and “enemies who are civilians, so they won’t try to kill you.”

I see various mention of Hamas officials with military titles, do they have an actual overall organized military or this like a a collection of terror cells or something?

What makes them enemies?

I assume that the vast majority of Palestinians view IDF soldiers on their land with disdain, if not actual hatred. Consequently, if I were IDF I’d feel as if the civilians were my enemies, even if I know they don’t mean to harm me.

Of course, I don’t know how the average IDF soldier is going to be thinking now.

Welp, nothing to do but slaughter them all, I guess.

1 Like

Come on, that is absurdly uncharitable and undeserved.

Did I miss the part of this war where IDF soldiers went house to house slaughtering every man, woman, child, toddler, and baby via beheading?

I mean, bombing civilian targets and cutting water/electricity is not many orders of magnitude better, and arguably more fucked - but less gory, so probably less of an emotional reaction to it

2 Likes