Middle Eastern Conflagration, Israel, Palestine, Lebanon, Iran

1 Like

Thatā€™s not the same at all. US voters being unhappy with Israeli policy doesnā€™t mean they are against US remaining an Israeli ally.

I didnā€™t say they wanted to go to war with israel, they want the genocide to stop (and those numbers are moving pretty fast, note that poll was from like march or whatever)

I guess weā€™ll just resume the usual ā€œif youā€™re not in favor of bibiā€™s plan to turn gaza into a parking lot youā€™re an antisemiteā€ discourse

Democrats are not in the position to do either of those things right now, you need to vote for them.

Last time they had a federal trifecta they passed a massive set of health care reforms ffs

Most people want the conflict to stop.

They donā€™t agree with the leftists who want to cut off Israel economically and politically.

I donā€™t understand, what do you disagree with pvn on that required this digression? He didnā€™t say ā€œcut off Israelā€

The leftist position goes beyond wanting the conflict to stop! Pvn asserted the leftist position on Israel is popular. It is in fact not.

Pvn electoral strategy

What do you mean when you say that? Seems like itā€™s primarily that some people say stuff on Twitter, but seems hard to make monolith position worth discussing out of that unless the group of people is very large?

Like plenty of ā€œleftistsā€ think all sorts of stuff about millions of topics and it doesnā€™t become a massive source of discussion

Thereā€™s no support for cutting Israel off from any weapons and/or cutting them off as an ally

1 Like

Im not talking about any specific statement here, I mean thematically why are you so interested in finding some random person on Twitter with a very spicy take and then kinda loosely implying by association that is the position of everyone you discussing with?

Like it seems the random Twitter posts genuinely offend you personally or something. But people post wild stuff on Twitter day and night on literally all topics.

1 Like

Theyā€™re loud as fuck and pop up all over my Twitter feed, and theyā€™re interestingly stupid.

Pvn is also defending them.

1 Like

Anyways poor senile Biden seemingly doing actual good on the people he can influence

https://x.com/barakravid/status/1797707430325030947?s=46&t=N0_fcOKIYYmlCS2e4YShsQ

Sorry, what?

affirmed that Hamas is now the only obstacle to a complete ceasefire

The wording of this is awkward following the stuff about Qatar, but I mean literally every other time heā€™s said this (and itā€™s been more than one) it was wrong and Israelā€™s insane right-wing government was the obstacle. What changed here? This is meaningless without details. Is this a new ā€œdealā€ Israel has offered like many of their previous ones thatā€™s like ā€œunconditionally surrender now and we will stop the genocideā€, because lol if so

The details of negotiations arenā€™t something we know for sure and saying this is definitely wrong is silly. Thereā€™s been multiple leaks about how hamas keeps adding to their demands to sour any process, as well as Netanyahus shenanigans

Did anyone do that? What are the words I did use? This insistence of talking past people does not help foster productive discussions ITT.

You just said it was wrong every time he said thisā€¦ did you mean that maybe he was wrong?

It has been wrong other times when he has said it in the past. That suggests we should view this statement with skepticism until more details are provided.

Has it though? Because Iā€™ve read the opposite and the rest is Israeli posturing